Action Truck conversion

NAUJK

I searched and couldnt find anything about this thing... if there is i must be stupid with the search functions. I don't like it. But I have been seeing people talking about it on other pages saying how much better it is and what not compared to other JK8 style conversion... Because it is reversible and bolt on and doesn't have to be welded and what not.....

Ill leave this here. What do you all think?? Oh and the video is 29 minutes long by Teraflex as they walk you through the installation I just skimmed it... :crazyeyes:

computeruser6

Not a fan of this. I don't like how they closed out the rear doors, it just doesn't look very good to me. How many people who would take the time and money to turn their four-door into a truck with a bed would undo it?

NAUJK

Not a fan of this. I don't like how they closed out the rear doors, it just doesn't look very good to me. How many people who would take the time and money to turn their four-door into a truck with a bed would undo it?

That was my thought too. If youre going to do it why do it half assed so you can turn it back... youre going to want it that way

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I looked at this. To me it looks half assed. Not digging the half doors or the flimsy looking bed. Now the jk8 conversion is done right and looks factory.

I cannot believe that will be 30 minutes of my life that will never get back.

By the way why did you post a Teraflex video? Just curious?

R/
Will

Last edited:

SilverBack

I for one, think it looks like something made of bailing wire and duct tape. Not a fan! I really dig AEVs Truck but not this one.. :grayno:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I looked at this. To me it looks half assed. Not digging the half doors or the flimsy looking bed. Now the jk8 conversion is done right and looks factory.

I for one, think it looks like something made of bailing wire and duct tape. Not a fan! I really dig AEVs Truck but not this one.. :grayno:

In all fairness, I think everyone knows that I'm no fan of TeraFlex and so I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will discount what I have to say about this just because of that BUT, I really couldn't agree more with you guys. This thing really does look half assed and something akin to being made out of bailing wire and duct tape.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Capitalists gonna capitalize. I don't know the price of this kit, but Im sure it is FAR less than the AEV solution. Many want a pickup wrangler, but don't want to spend the cake on the "factory quality" kit, so Im sure they will sell. Personally, I'm not a fan. I do love the Brute conversion though.

GCM 2

AEV is the only one to perfect the aftermarket "truck conversion", and that goes for the TJ and the JK. This Action Truck conversion is pointless :thinking:

NAUJK

I cannot believe that will be 30 minutes of my life that will never get back.

By the way why did you post a Teraflex video? Just curious?

R/
Will

Because that's video I saw posted on another page about it as people were raving how good this is and how much better it is than the other conversions... I agree with everyone I don't like It looks way to half assed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Because that's video I saw posted on another page about it as people were raving how good this is and how much better it is than the other conversions... I agree with everyone I don't like It looks way to half assed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welp, thanks for sharing. Tough I agree that not only is it Teraflex... it is also fugly. Canvas put it best, I'll never get those 30 mins back ha. Really, I still don't understand the allure to a Jeep/Wrangler "truck". I mean, why not get a Ram Power Wagon? You get a front soild axle, lockers and a front sway bar disco to my knowledge. I do agree that AEV is the best looking, but I imagine that a hefty price comes along with it. :shock:

Welp, thanks for sharing. Tough I agree that not only is it Teraflex... it is also fugly. Canvas put it best, I'll never get those 30 mins back ha. Really, I still don't understand the allure to a Jeep/Wrangler "truck". I mean, why not get a Ram Power Wagon? You get a front soild axle, lockers and a front sway bar disco to my knowledge. I do agree that AEV is the best looking, but I imagine that a hefty price comes along with it. :shock:

Because the Power Wagon is not a Jeep.;)

JayKay

Caught the Bug
You want a truck, buy a truck. Why ruin a perfectly good 4-5 seat Jeep by turning it into a 2-seater

t8er

I can make that argument that on certain trails a full size truck is no fun while a jeep is the right width. I'd rather spend the extra money on the AEV conversion because you can use the freedom panels still which are easier to take off. plus overall it looks 10 times better. Also with AEV you can keep it as a 4 door jeep and still seat 5

Indefatigable

I think Teraflex is now the 3rd owner/distributor of this particular kit.

It may not be ideal for those with the cash. I do like the AEV and JK8 conversions. But this kit is $6k and pretty much a do it yourself job.

Never seen one in person to be able to speak to the quality of the parts. May be only a matter of time though.

It probably does have a market. Need a non full size pickup, don't have the money for a Brute or JK8. This conversion may fit the need.

Up here we have not had a regular cab compact truck in some time and the older ones are shot. We Canadian's do not get as many vehicle options as our southern friends.

I just file it under curious.

jeeeep

Hooked
it's not a TF product, it's made by Thaler Design.

I've seen some of their JK camper conversions and this truck conversion, when it's painted and finished off, the rear doors have storage built into them and it doesn't look all that bad.

However, for the price I'd get a truck/camper

Top Bottom