Back spacing with Enforcer kit

scooter k

I want to run 35x12.50 tires with a 10" wide wheel and the 3" Evo Enforcer kit. The backspacing on the wheel is 5". Will that work?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
you might rub the frame at full turn but your coils and shocks will be fine. you can get around this by adjusting your steering stops and loosing turning radius or by gettng some wheel spacers.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I can't give you a conclusive answer, but I can tell you that 35" Nitto TG's on AEV Pintlers (which have about 5.2" backspacing) and the Enforcer lift don't play nice together without wheel spacers. The tires hit the rear sway bar end links unless spacers are used.

I had to go with Spidertrak 1.5 inch spacers to keep my 35x12.5x17 from rubbing on my LCA's. You will know when you make the first tight turn. The entire Jeep will vibrate like crazy. I went with a set of 4 to keep the stance equal. I look of the wider stance.

R/
Will

ChaosNein

The REAR Sway Bar End Links are going to be close at FULL DROOP but the front should be fine.

EDIT: FR LCA rubbing is going to happen - especially while wheeling. This will simply rub the paint off and is not going to damage anything.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Buy a set of four spidertrax spacers and install them at each corner, or get wheels with less backspacing.

JAGS

Hooked
What do I need to do different to make this work without rubbing?

As sharkey said, you'll want to run wheel spacers. :thumb: Drew noted the rear sway bar link bolts rubbing, and that's what rubbed on mine running 37s with 4.53 backspacing. The spacers may also help the other items drew mentioned, but will let him chime back in on that. :yup:

ChaosNein

What do I need to do different to make this work without rubbing?

either spacers as mention earlier or wheels with 4.5 of BS. Wheel spacers, when properly installed, are fine they just put a bit more pressure and your front unit bearing. To be clear, some rubbing is a part of wheeling with large tires and such. Or you can go with a set of FULL WIDTH PR60s front and rear and that should do the trick.

scooter k

What's the hub size? I've got nothing to measure as I won't see mine until Saturday.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Marauder

Im running 4.5 inch rims with 35/12.5/r17 toyos and no issues with a 3 inch enforcer.
Listen to Drew and don't go under 4.5 inch bs.

I had a set of stock wheels on and planning to upgrade to 35's and new rims after lifting it. I didn't notice after bolting the wheels on the sway bar link bolt was pressed up against the lip of the rim. Needless to say it was quite noisy when I tried to drive it. lol

When the instructions say for a complete installation 4.5 inches or less backspacing they aren't messing around.

Top Bottom