2014 SEMA SNEAK PEEK : NEW Dynatrac Brake System

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Last week, I got a chance to see and test out a brand new Dynatrac product that will be released at the 2014 SEMA Show and it's one that I think a lot of people are going to want - a NEW JK brake system. This brake system will offer up to 30% greater stopping performance over stock and unlike other brake kits out there, it's one that addresses BOTH the front and rear brakes to utilize all available tire friction and provide a clean balanced stop. In other words, this kit offers a much flatter stop and without the kind of nose dive you typically see with other big brake kits. Below are some of the specific features and benefits the kit will offer:

Features
1. The ONLY 4 Wheel JK Brake upgrade available, not just front only.
2. Oversize 13.5” Pillar Vented Front Rotors, and 14.25” Rear Rotors.
a. Stock Front = 11.89”
b. Stock Rear = 12.44”
c. Swept Area: 16% greater front, 16.5 % greater rear​
3. New, fully tested and front/rear balanced friction materials
4. Fully Dynamometer and field-tested on instrumented test vehicle.
a. 2013 Jeep JK Unlimited, 4-inch lift, 37” tires​
5. New Caliper brackets with Straight-Beam Link for extra rigidity
6. E-coated Rotor Finishes
7. Fits inside all known aftermarket 17” and larger wheels
8. Fits stock 17” aluminum wheels when outfitted with 1.5” wheel spacer.

Benefits
1. Unrivaled stopping capability up to 30% improvement.
2. Balanced Front and Rear Brakes for optimum stopping power.
a. Best use of all available tire friction​
3. Firm and confident brake pedal feel.
4. Ideal for JK’s with 33” and larger tires.
5. Much improved holding power for hill ascent and descent, especially in low-range with Rubicon (4:1) transfer cases.
6. “Must have” upgrade for heavy JK’s with body armor, suspension upgrades, bumpers, winches, lot’s of camping gear, tools and spare parts on-board, larger tires and axle upgrades. JK’s that frequently have 3 - 4 passengers on-board with their extra gear. JK’s can exceed 7000 lbs when loaded.
7. Highly recommended for JK’s used for towing boats, campers, utility trailers, and any trailer not equipped with brakes of it’s own.
8. Pillar Vented rotors provide non-directional, superior venting. They also spread brake forces more evenly across the friction surface for best performance and longer life.
9. Stiffer Caliper support brackets for increased pad life and stopping power with improved pedal feel.
10. Easy Installation – No complicated brake bleeding, or master cylinder swaps. Just as easy as installing new OE rotors at home!​

For those of you who are interested in true deceleration numbers instead of just the standard and unrealistic 60-0 stop test that most do, here is a comparisons list ranging from light to maximum braking and measured in G's.

DECELERATION COMPARISON

MAXIMUM DECELERATION SUSTAINED

OEM JK with 37” tires: .72G (measured)
Dynatrac JK Four Brake Kit: .97G (measured) 35% better than OEM

LIGHT to MODERATE BRAKING
OEM JK with 37” tires: .25G at 250 psi line pressure (measured)
Dynatrac JK Four Brake Kit: .30G @ 250 psi line pressure (measured) 20% better than OEM

MODERATE BRAKING
OEM JK with 37” tires: .40G at 500 psi line pressure (measured)
Dynatrac JK Four Brake Kit: .51G @ 500 psi line pressure (measured) 29% better than OEM

MODERATE to AGRESSIVE BRAKING
OEM JK with 37” tires: .47G at 750 psi line pressure (measured)
Dynatrac JK Four Brake Kit: .62G @ 750 psi line pressure (measured) 31% better than OEM

AGRESSIVE BRAKING
OEM JK with 37” tires: .53G at 1000 psi line pressure (measured)
Dynatrac JK Four Brake Kit: .68G @ 1000 psi line pressure (measured) 30% better than OEM

Again, this is a brake system that I personally had the privilege of testing on a JK running 37" tires and with a ProRock 44 front and ProRock 60 rear axle and even got to compare against our 2012 JK running a similar setup and let me tell you, I was very impressed. Of course, the best part about this awesome new Dynatrac brake kit is that it's slated to be offered for just under a grand!

More pics and video highlighting will be coming your way from the 2014 SEMA Show :cool:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
a heafty price but worth it considering its front and rear as to where teraflex only addresses the front for about $100 less. deff something to look into :yup: with dynatracs background of puttting out amaizing parts im sure these will fit in nicely

a heafty price but worth it considering its front and rear as to where teraflex only addresses the front for about $100 less. deff something to look into :yup: with dynatracs background of puttting out amaizing parts im sure these will fit in nicely

And they are a Forum Sponsor. :yup::thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I have seen the tests done and the Dynatrac kit offers a faster stop and without the kind of nose dive or locking of brakes that you see on other kits. To me, it's a worthy upgrade for the price.

chamberlin

This is great news! I am glad I held off all these years on the Teraflex kit. I have Teraflex suspension, and I'm a fan, but I really wanted a 4 wheel braking solution for the stock Rubicon JK where I didn't have to change out the master cylinder (I've got that Viair compressor bracket mounted on the MC mounting bolts). I know it's not mandatory to install the TeraFlex master cylinder upgrade, but it was recommended, so how could you avoid doing it in good conscious? Also, I've got tons of heavy crap bolted on to my 2 door, 35" wheels, 4.88 gears (with the 4:1 xfer case), and I have an overland M416 style trailer with 35" tires as well. The trailer has brakes too, but it'd really be nice to have a little more stopping power when on the trails or on the highway. Looking forward to the pics!

Eddie,

did I see on another post of yours that you don't need to change the reservoir either? What else don't you need as some of the others make you add on as well?:thinking:
Having just jumped from 35's(stoping sucked:eek:)to 37's:eek::eek:, this is a must need addition. Thanks, Steve

SDG

Caught the Bug

I dont think its that heafty a price considering the alternative.

That being possibly avoiding an accident. Investment in avoiding someone elses stupidity on the road.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,

did I see on another post of yours that you don't need to change the reservoir either? What else don't you need as some of the others make you add on as well?:thinking:
Having just jumped from 35's(stoping sucked:eek:)to 37's:eek::eek:, this is a must need addition. Thanks, Steve

This is correct. You do NOT need to replace your factory master cylinder with this new Dynatrac kit. A lot of time, money and testing was put into developing proprietary rotors, pads and additional brackets to maximize the stopping power of BOTH your front and rear brakes and without having them lock up or trigger your ABS. If a new master cylinder were needed to do this better, one would have been included in the kit.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
They just hit a home run, for the price of new brakes this isn't really that bad of a price.

It's scary as hell to try and stop fast on 37's.

Oscar35

Thanks for the heads up. Been looking to upgrade for awhile now. Glad I waited, now this will be the way I go.

TeamFaust

This sounds like a full solution that will be worth watching for. Looking forward to seeing details on the kit and installation info. :thumb:

snopro

Banned
Hopefully can get separate front or rear only avail for those who can't afford both or those already have a upgrade front and want a better rear setup.

Top Bottom