Uwharrie National Forest Run Nov 8th

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Uwharrie National Forest Run Nov 9th

Edit: Changed the date to the 9th from the 8th since WOL member Grappler was already going to be heading up that day.

Seeing if anyone would be interested in doing a day trip to Uwharrie on November 9th.

Loading please wait....

Last edited:

Grappler

Headed up on the 9th for sure with at least 2 other Jeeps coming from the Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC area.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Headed up on the 9th for sure with at least 2 other Jeeps coming from the Fayetteville/Fort Bragg, NC area.

Sounds good! Do you already have a meet up plan with your group or do you plan on meeting at the Outpost parking lot?

Loading please wait....

thardy

Banned
Really wish I could, but it's quite a drive from Atlanta and too much $ to spend on gas at the moment.

We should try and get a weekend run together up there in the future!

Sent using Wayalife mobile app

Grappler

We will be coming from various locations around Southern Pines, Fayetteville, Fort Bragg, etc. so meeting at the Outpost is always the way to go it seems.

As we get closer, let me know what you have planned and we will make it happen.

I know the Wicked Jeepers in NC have another get together and run planned for Holly Springs on 15 NOV as well; they are going to do a fundraiser for Hero's Off Road, so that is coming as well.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
A few days later bump!
For those that are going so far, how does meeting in the parking lot of the Outpost at 8am sound?

Loading please wait....

Grappler

I think we are going to be more in the "Outpost at 1000" timeframe as we have a couple that are coming from a bit away.

Worst case we can link up at "Daniel" and set a CB channel.

I will have a much better answer for you by mid week; I will shoot for 0800 with the guys and let you know.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I think we are going to be more in the "Outpost at 1000" timeframe as we have a couple that are coming from a bit away.

Worst case we can link up at "Daniel" and set a CB channel.

I will have a much better answer for you by mid week; I will shoot for 0800 with the guys and let you know.

Alright. Coming from VA Bch that morning and driving back that night which is why 8-5 ish is my plan.

Loading please wait....

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'm in, and I can do 8am or whatever you guys are up for. It's about a 1.5 hr drive for me from home. I don't have a CB, but I'm sure I can find you at the Outpost too.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
0800 on 09 NOV at the Outpost is the plan on my end.

Is the Outpost the same as the ranger's office?

Uwharrie Ranger District Office, located at 789 NC Highway 24/27 East, Troy, NC 27371

Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing. I'll need to get a day pass when I get there and I know you can get them at this location.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Pretty sure the rangers office is closed on the weekend.

Eldorado Outpost

Outdoor Sports Store

4021 N Carolina 109, Troy, NC 27371

(910) 572-3474

This is the place that we are talking about meeting.

Loading please wait....

Robb3369

Just as an FYI... The weekend of the 8th and 9th is the Veterans Run at the Uwharrie off-road center (across from outpost). We are riding Uwharrie on Saturday and Big Creek on Sunday. $10 entrance fee for both days, raffles, camping, etc for the 2 days. Google it for more info as it's posted on several forums. A bunch of us are going to caravan in from Raleigh at 6 am.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well, somethings are happening that may prevent from me from going... I will keep you posted.

Grappler

Well, somethings are happening that may prevent from me from going... I will keep you posted.

Sounds good; I completely understand.

I am going for sure and we have some other Jeep's from the area going. There are a couple different events up there that weekend on Saturday and Sunday, and a few people are camping for the entire Vet's Day Weekend.

I will be there at the outpost at 0800.

Shoot me a message on here when you know if you will make it up there. Good Luck.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Just as an FYI... The weekend of the 8th and 9th is the Veterans Run at the Uwharrie off-road center (across from outpost). We are riding Uwharrie on Saturday and Big Creek on Sunday. $10 entrance fee for both days, raffles, camping, etc for the 2 days. Google it for more info as it's posted on several forums. A bunch of us are going to caravan in from Raleigh at 6 am.

Hey Robb, I probably live close to you. I'm in south Cary near Holly Springs. Where are you guys leaving from? Are you part of the NC4x4 club or another local one?

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Yup, I wont be able to make it now :(. You all have fun and put up a lot if pictures for us.

Loading please wait....

Top Bottom