EVO plush rides with a MOPAR lift

BCjku

So I have a 2012 JKU that I bought from the dealer with a 2.5" mopar lift with Bilstein 5100's and 33's. The tires are wearing down and my plan is to go to 35's soon while I keep saving up for a double axle swap and a full evo suspension package. I have recently been thinking about swapping out the springs for the evo plush rides, (i'm guessing the 3"?) 1. Do you all think I will notice a difference in my ride? 2. Is it as simple as swapping the springs? or do I need anything else? 3. Should I do a spacer on the front at the same time? 4. Will it change my clearance or ride height significantly? 5. Any other complications I need to consider? Thanks for the input, I need all the help I can get.

BC

RockyJk

You would definitely see a difference in ride the mopar lifts are teraflex lifts, you would need an aftermarket front driveshaft (or exhaust spacers)

vitodivita

Assuming your current lift doesn't come with adjustable control arms you will need:

3 or 4" plush ride coils (Yes, you will notice a difference)
drag link flip kit
Front lower adjustable control arms
Rear trackbar adjustment bracket (optional but recommended)
front driveshaft (recommended sooner rather than later)

I just tore off my AEV lift 2 weeks ago and I don't miss it at all and everything above is what I had to put on to make it work, with the exception of the rear track bar bracket and a driveshaft. Going wheeling next week and will learn the hard way..

BCjku

Thanks for the help!

Assuming your current lift doesn't come with adjustable control arms you will need:

3 or 4" plush ride coils (Yes, you will notice a difference)
drag link flip kit
Front lower adjustable control arms
Rear trackbar adjustment bracket (optional but recommended)
front driveshaft (recommended sooner rather than later)

I just tore off my AEV lift 2 weeks ago and I don't miss it at all and everything above is what I had to put on to make it work, with the exception of the rear track bar bracket and a driveshaft. Going wheeling next week and will learn the hard way..

DAG NABBIT. I was hoping I could just do something simple and cheap for the short run. Thanks to both of you for the quick response.

:thumb:

KingCopperhead

Just Googled your kit, if it's the 2" kit with the Bilsteins you should already have an adjustable front trackbar, and a rear trackbar relocation bracket.

The adjustable lower control arms aren't too expensive though, around 350-400 bucks, and if you do an aftermarket drive shaft you won't need the exhaust spacers. I think a full set of plush rides cost about 380, and around 600 for a drive shaft from JE Reel or Adams.... Not too awful.

At least you've got an adjustable track bar in the front lol. I have the stage 3 mopar kit which costs about a thousand dollars more and doesn't include that!

I'd only do the exhaust spacers as a temporary solution. I have them, and my lift gave me a hair over 3" before I armored up my rig. I've got zero contact at full flex and I've made it through about 5k miles and 3 days of moderate wheeling with no issues. However the boot is at a pretty sharp angle and I know it's a matter of time before it poops the bed. But if you're on a tight budget you could always do the arms, spacers and Springs now and start saving for a quality drive shaft.
Also, be aware that those spacers will give you clearance issues with some of the aftermarket skid systems for your cross member.

Last edited:

shadow21

You would definitely see a difference in ride the mopar lifts are teraflex lifts, you would need an aftermarket front driveshaft (or exhaust spacers)

This is not true. Chrysler uses Super Lift to build their kits now. Along time ago Rubicon Express/TeraFlex built them but not anymore.

KingCopperhead

This is not true. Chrysler uses Super Lift to build their kits now. Along time ago Rubicon Express/TeraFlex built them but not anymore.

This is partially correct. Mopar makes several kits, and they source out different vendors. I can't speak for the 2 inch but the stage 3 kit is a conglomeration of parts from Fox (shocks) Teraflex (coils, foam in a can speed bumps, limit straps, exhaust spacers, rear track bar relocation bracket, f/r sway bar end links. ) the control arms are a mystery item. Can't get a straight answer on where those are manufactured from my dealer or any of the exhaustive Web searches I've done. To make it all more confusing: All of their kits are "warrantied" by LKI (superlift)

It's kind of a mixed bag. Being that my 14 jk came with the stage 3 lift, I read just about everything I could find online regarding its components.

I'll quote an Un named vendor (reliable source, but not a sponsor so I won't link to their page)

"Co-developed with FOX and TeraFlex, the Stage 3 Lift utilizes an external reservoir version of the FOX 2.0 Performance Series shock for even greater heat dissipation. The shocks, in combination with the Mopar / TeraFlex SpeedBump System (used on the front axle), provide exceptional performance at speed. Additionally, this system includes all four rear axle-to-frame link arms, and the front / lower link arms for ideal driveline geometry"

The Op however does not have that lift, and unless I'm mistaken, the smaller mopar lifts have been produced by both RE and Superlift.

Sorry for going off topic. Again. LoL

Last edited:

shadow21

Are you sure about this ?

I'm almost positive that Superlift is the only one making the molar lift minus the Fox shocks. When I first started looking at JK's I was going to do the "Mopar lift kit" to keep my warranty. So I talked to a family member who is a GM of a Jeep dealership and that's when I found out that it still voids the warranty and that TeraFlex/Rubicon Express no longer made the kit. Also found out that Superlift makes the Mopar kit now and the only difference between a Superlift brand and Mopar brand was the stickers they sent you to put on your shocks.

KingCopperhead

I'm almost positive that Superlift is the only one making the molar lift minus the Fox shocks. When I first started looking at JK's I was going to do the "Mopar lift kit" to keep my warranty. So I talked to a family member who is a GM of a Jeep dealership and that's when I found out that it still voids the warranty and that TeraFlex/Rubicon Express no longer made the kit. Also found out that Superlift makes the Mopar kit now and the only difference between a Superlift brand and Mopar brand was the stickers they sent you to put on your shocks.

Your source was spot on about the warranty bit, but again, the stage 3 kit is made by Teraflex and Fox for mopar.

The confusing bit is that mopar sells 3 or 4 different kits. Some of which are made by superlift.

BCjku

To help the conversation, I bought the jeep from the parts manager at a jeep dealership a little over a year ago. What he specifically told me I was getting at the time was the "mopar 2.5" lift kit" with bilstein 5100s, m/t 33's and a rough country steering stabilizer" . I looked this morning and am fairly certain the drag link has already been flipped. I have tried to figure out as well exactly what this kit is, but, like you guys, I have also come to the conclusion that there are multiple definitions of mopar 2.5" inch kit. My plan ultimately is to do a full blown Evo setup, I just thought I could do something cheap and simple in the meantime because I pretty much have to do tires here shortly. Next step after that is the axles, then suspension.. I have the basic axels, w 3.21's and a 6 speed. Nothing done to them. I'm living on borrowed time, and I hate driving them... Thanks for the input, everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shadow21

To help the conversation, I bought the jeep from the parts manager at a jeep dealership a little over a year ago. What he specifically told me I was getting at the time was the "mopar 2.5" lift kit" with bilstein 5100s, m/t 33's and a rough country steering stabilizer" . I looked this morning and am fairly certain the drag link has already been flipped. I have tried to figure out as well exactly what this kit is, but, like you guys, I have also come to the conclusion that there are multiple definitions of mopar 2.5" inch kit. My plan ultimately is to do a full blown Evo setup, I just thought I could do something cheap and simple in the meantime because I pretty much have to do tires here shortly. Next step after that is the axles, then suspension.. I have the basic axels, w 3.21's and a 6 speed. Nothing done to them. I'm living on borrowed time, and I hate driving them... Thanks for the input, everyone.

You may of said this but what tire size do you want to run?

BCjku

Ultimately 37's. Have to make a stop at 35's first.. Tires are getting replaced with the first forecasted snowstorm... 37s is when I do the big suspension upgrade, maybe next fall? Depends on work.

shadow21

Ultimately 37's. Have to make a stop at 35's first.. Tires are getting replaced with the first forecasted snowstorm... 37s is when I do the big suspension upgrade, maybe next fall? Depends on work.

I don't see why you couldn't run 35's with the kit you have now? If not I'd just run a 1" spacer and save up for the kit you really want.

Top Bottom