Lift kit for 50/50

ATC_LV

First off I'm new to the forum. Use to be part of the old forum when I had a TJ before Project JK started up... So I just ordered a 2013 JKU Rubicon and researching lift kits. On most of the forums I see a lot of people posting that there jeep is a DD and 90% of the jeep will spend its life on the pavement. For this everybody usually suggests the AEV 3.5". My jeep I plan on spending 50% on and 50% offroad. I'd like to run 35's, and I'd sacrifice a little road comfort for good flex and offroad performance. I don't want to sacrifice all the on road ride and jar a kidney stone loose. So what are some suggestions. Thanks in advance, and a friendly hello to old friends.

MTG

Caught the Bug
ATC_LV said:
First off I'm new to the forum. Use to be part of the old forum when I had a TJ before Project JK started up... So I just ordered a 2013 JKU Rubicon and researching lift kits. On most of the forums I see a lot of people posting that there jeep is a DD and 90% of the jeep will spend its life on the pavement. For this everybody usually suggests the AEV 3.5". My jeep I plan on spending 50% on and 50% offroad. I'd like to run 35's, and I'd sacrifice a little road comfort for good flex and offroad performance. I don't want to sacrifice all the on road ride and jar a kidney stone loose. So what are some suggestions. Thanks in advance, and a friendly hello to old friends.

Welcome!

I'm down in your neck of the woods a lot. I've hit some trails with the warmachine702 group. Good group of guys. There are a few members on here.

It would help to know your budget.

Robar

The Enforcer
A 2.5 to 3" lift is just about right for 35" tires. I plan on getting the 3" EVO Plush ride springs when I get a chance. They have an Enforcer system that has just about everything you need, but a lot depends on your budget. I was going to start with the springs and front lower control arms and see what I need from there.

TrailBear

I would go with a long arm kit, I know full traction makes a 3" long arm, I think evo does as well, evo with the plush ride springs or their bolt on coil overs. You will get better flex and ride with long arms.

MTG

Caught the Bug
ATC_LV said:
No real budget constraints. I'd say 2k to 3k just to be safe.

The Enforcer will fit in that budget depending on the shocks you pick. You can run it with 35s or with 37s. I've ran it with both and it has served me well. FoxC will likely jump in, but he started with AEV and just recently put on the Enforcer kit. He lives in Vegas.

I don't think your getting into long arms and coilovers at that budget.

Others will jump in with their other opinions.

Good luck!

ATC_LV

I'd spend some extra to get what I really want and not have to want to upgrade again later if I'm not happy with it.

FoxC

Just get the evo enforcer with 3" coils for 35's or 4" coils for 37's and call it a day. I would not go the aev route, especially if the rig will see a lot of trail time. Learn from others mistakes...like mine:doh: The Aev works fine for mild trails, but thats all I could honestly reccommend it for.
I switched to the enforcer w/ 4" plush ride coils and never looked back. Great on road manners with the draglink flip and it will flex with the best kits out there...probably close to some long arm kits. Like MTG suggested, hook up with warmachines for a run...stock or not. If myself or MTG is along you can check out how good the evo kit rides and performs first hand. I'll send you a pm with the warmachines info.:beer:

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new jeep. I'm running EVO DoubleD Long Arm (4") and have had great experience with it both on and off road. It's a little more expensive than the enforcer but gives excellent articulation for off road situations as well as extremely good road manners. I think anything you go with from EVO, you won't go wrong. Their stuff is top notch.

Top Bottom