Spiderweb Shade with Trektop NX??

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I am finally getting around to installing my Trektop NX. Got half way done and then realized that the straps that attach the center bar to the sound bar do not play nicely with my Spiderweb Shade. Has anyone found a way around this?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know it might sound obvious but, just don't run the two together. The Spiderweb doesn't can be folded up and doesn't take up too much room, just stuff it under your seat or something.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
With a Trektop on, do you really feel the need to also have a shade top? I mean, for me, I just use the Trektop as a Safari Top if I feel the need for shelter from the sun. Not trying to be sarcastic here. Just wondering.

With a Trektop on, do you really feel the need to also have a shade top? I mean, for me, I just use the Trektop as a Safari Top if I feel the need for shelter from the sun. Not trying to be sarcastic here. Just wondering.

For me I guess it's just laziness. I like to flip the top back but at the same time the Mrs can't do the direct sunlight for too long. Maybe it has stretched a bit since the first install, but I cringe at the thought of fighting that fight each time I want the top back.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For me I guess it's just laziness. I like to flip the top back but at the same time the Mrs can't do the direct sunlight for too long. Maybe it has stretched a bit since the first install, but I cringe at the thought of fighting that fight each time I want the top back.

Ah, got it. It's so you can open up and still have some shade. That's what I was wanting to know, thanks.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Same here. The Mrs. has had melanoma before and should get as much seller from the Sun as possible. She still likes the top down but I think I'll just throw the full size spiderweb shade in the spare parts bin and order a JKini. From the pics it looks like it'll work.

StrizzyChris

What ridge said. Slight manipulation of the ties around the header latches and you'll be fine.

I too have left both on because riding from San Francisco to Santa Cruz can't have quite the fluctuation in temps and sunlight conditions. Start the day at a comfortable 74° with the top back, then crest the mountains and its 58° along the PCH from Half moon bay to Santa Cruz causing me to seal her back up. Then crossing Los Gatos, heading home, it could hit 100° and blistering direct sunlight before returning to 74°. All in a couple hour span.

Teeze

So nobody is actually answering the question. I have the same issue with the center straps attaching to the soundbar. I discussed this with Spiderwebshade. They seemed to be aware of the issue and offered to install the necessary grommets to run the straps through. So I shipped it back to Spiderwebshade. Got it back and yes, there's two new grommets, but they're too small to pass the strap buckles though. So that was a fail. Now, Spiderwebshade is sitting in a box on the floor. I like it, but can't use it with Trektop NX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013CGJKU

So nobody is actually answering the question. I have the same issue with the center straps attaching to the soundbar. I discussed this with Spiderwebshade. They seemed to be aware of the issue and offered to install the necessary grommets to run the straps through. So I shipped it back to Spiderwebshade. Got it back and yes, there's two new grommets, but they're too small to pass the strap buckles though. So that was a fail. Now, Spiderwebshade is sitting in a box on the floor. I like it, but can't use it with Trektop NX.

Like all have said above... put on your big boy pants and figure it out. It takes some finagling from the sounds of it but if you first use your eyes, then your brain and lastly your hands... it can be done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Welcome to the WAYALIFE.

How about stopping by the Give us a Wave thread and introduce yourself seeings how you have been a memeber for 2 years and this is your first post. Here is the link http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave

Actuall the question as been answered. You can run both with a slight adjustment of the bungee cords and connecting straps to the front windshild. I ran both for almost a year with the only annoyance is the shade not being tight enough to keep from brishing against my my hair. I am 6'3".

R/
Will

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Really? You've been on here since 2012 and this one thread got you so worked up that you finally had to post up and with this? :thinking:

Welcome to WAYALIFE :idontknow:

warrkill

I love the spiderweb shade top, Also a pain in the ass to leave on with my hardtop. so I just leave it off until the top comes off. Great for shade and air to come through.

ljvsnyder

If you call spiderwebshade they will put extra grommets in for the straps to go through. Mine is going in over the winter for modification.

why hasnt anybody just told him that you can buy two piece shades?? dirty dog sells them for the 4 doors? this solves all your problems dont have to take it off and you can still hook up the treck top straps around the sound bar?

or am i missing something here?

why hasnt anybody just told him that you can buy two piece shades?? dirty dog sells them for the 4 doors? this solves all your problems dont have to take it off and you can still hook up the treck top straps around the sound bar?

or am i missing something here?

The original post has the spyder shade already to my understanding but I could be wrong.

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Here's what I did when I found myself with this dilemma........it took about 10 minutes and one beer......:yawn37:

~Woodrow~

image.jpg

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
....but why don't you explain HOW you did it already?! :tantrum:

Oh yeah my bad........

Step 1.) Grab a knife and a cold beer.

Step 2.) Fold your Trek Top back.

Step 3.) Open your beer and take sip.

Step 4.) Using the knife cut two (2) slits in the SpiderWebShade mesh just above the leading edge of the sound bar where the Trek Top straps are located on the Trek Top.

Step 5.) Take another sip of beer.

Step 6.) Fish the Trek Top straps through the SpiderWebShade mesh and connect with the hook end strap provided with the Trek Top.

Step 7.) Take another sip of beer.

Step 8.) Take the hook end straps and hook them to the sound bar as instructed in the Trek Top instructions and cinch them down.

Step 9.) Take another sip of beer.

Step 10.) Stand back and admire your work and finish your beer.

~Woodrow~

image.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom