2014 JKU Sub wiring

ram190

Does it matter if the two plugs leading to the 2014 factory DVC sub get switched? And, has anyone installed a Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 in their 2014 JKU? Shallow mount 8" DVC sub.

TheDuff

The plugs being switched won't matter. Each voice coil has a positive and negative terminal, the factory plugs won't let them get reversed.
I can't tell you if that sub will fit for sure, I assume it would though. But I will say that on my 09 the terminal polarity was not marked. so if yours also is not and you want to run a aftermarket sub off the factory amp, you can do the fallowing: use a AA battery to determine the polarity. Use some spare wire and electrical tape a lead onto the + and- of the AA battery. Then touch the leads to the voice coil terminals on one voice coil. The speaker will thump each time you make the connection. If the come is moving outwards, then that is the correct polarity. Do this for each coil to be sure. Based off knowing the polarity of the voice coils you can determine the polarity of the factory plugs and label them, cut off the plugs and attach the leads to your new in the manner of your choice.
Hope that long winded shit helps someone one day:)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeep

Does it matter if the two plugs leading to the 2014 factory DVC sub get switched? And, has anyone installed a Rockford Fosgate P3SD2-8 in their 2014 JKU? Shallow mount 8" DVC sub.

I have the pioneer 8" shallow mount ordered and it should be here next week. From what I've heard, it performs a little bit better than the Rockford in the factory system and fits right in the factory box without the use of a spacer ring...

Either way it's still being run off the factory stuff and won't sound as good as going with a full blown aftermarket setup

ram190

I have the pioneer 8" shallow mount ordered and it should be here next week. From what I've heard, it performs a little bit better than the Rockford in the factory system and fits right in the factory box without the use of a spacer ring...

Either way it's still being run off the factory stuff and won't sound as good as going with a full blown aftermarket setup

Thanks for both answers, I'll check out the pioneer- let us know how it goes please.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If you are looking to do a plug and play solution (meaning use the factory amp) the main thing you want to see (other than the fact that it fits of course) is the sensitivity and ohm. The stock coils are 2ohms, so you want a 2ohm dvc sub, and you want it as sensitive as possible (to maximize the OEM wattage.) 90+db is ideal, the higher the better. Don't get bogged down with the RMS.

Top Bottom