anyone with front suspension and ball joints problem?

J-S

My Wrangler is only 2years old with about 70k km or 35k miles on it and the dealer just told me upper and lower ball joints and both shocks are to be replaced. It all started earlier this summer when I noticed one of my front tire (baja MTZ 35) was scalloping so I went to the dealer before warranty expired and they told me it was for sure my tire and they didn't bring my jeep in to even look at it. I mentioned it again when it went in for a service and they said everything was fine. Now with just over 6k miles more on it the second front tire started to do it so I took it back and said I found it odd that if it was my tires that only the fronts were doing it so they looked at it again and now the warranty is over and they are saying I need new shocks and ball joints. So my question is anyone has experience the same problems with so few miles on their jeep and is my dealer trying to rip me off.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
From the sound of things is just your ball joints, not your shocks. My ball joints we're going at 20k so I replaced them before they got worse so yours being bad at 35k with 35's is better than me

J-S

OK thx. I forgot to mention that even tho I am on 35's I am not lifted yet just bushwhackers flat flares to help with clearance I don't know if it change anything to the storie

Top Bottom