Do I Need A Superchip?

JK LYF

Hello WOLfers! If this has been addressed please point me to the right thread. Need advice on getting a super chip. Do they work and if so, how well, are they worth the money, which one to get, etc.

I have a 2008 jk, 2 dr auto. Just upgraded to 37s and will be getting upgraded front axle and gears in January. Do I need one now, since I put on bigger tires, or should I wait until I get axle and gears?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You need an AEV procal, a superchips flashcal, or superchips flashpaq asap! You need to reprogram your computer so your shift points and speedo will be correct

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You need an AEV procal, a superchips flashcal, or superchips flashpaq asap! You need to reprogram your computer so your shift points and speedo will be correct

I would get the flashcal as its cheap like the aev but it has a screen to read codes and its upgradable to the flashpaq later down the road later if you like

JK LYF

I would get the flashcal as its cheap like the aev but it has a screen to read codes and its upgradable to the flashpaq later down the road later if you like

Ok, so it will help because the bigger tires change the shift point, etc? And can I use it again, or do I even need to, when I get it regeared with a beefier axle?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok, so it will help because the bigger tires change the shift point, etc? And can I use it again, or do I even need to, when I get it regeared with a beefier axle?

Yes the bigger tires will throw your shift points off so your jeep will not run right otherwise. Yes once you do gears you can program into the computer your new gear ratio as well

JK LYF

Thank you both for the input. I guess I will be getting one next week.

Top Bottom