Need advice on my plans

Commando thunder

Hi all
I have a 2013 auto 4 door with 35" tyres .
I have a ARB rear locker in at the moment and got 3.73 gears.
Looking at 4.88 gears and was thinking Yukon.
I have the d30 gussets on and the front is not locked
My first question is
Is Yukon the better brand of gears?
What parts do I need for this install to work ?
Thanks for any advice

JK LYF

I'm curious as well. If you don't mind me asking, how does it run with the 3.73 and 35s? Do you take it off road?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

shadow21

I'm curious as well. If you don't mind me asking, how does it run with the 3.73 and 35s? Do you take it off road?

Thanks in advance.

I take mine off road and haven't ever had a problem. I also run 3.73 and 35's. The only downside is MPG mine is 12mpg with 3.73 and 35's. That said I live in Houston Tx inner loop and traffic is bumper to bumper 10-20 mph more often than not.

JK LYF

I take mine off road and haven't ever had a problem. I also run 3.73 and 35's. The only downside is MPG mine is 12mpg with 3.73 and 35's. That said I live in Houston Tx inner loop and traffic is bumper to bumper 10-20 mph more often than not.

Very cool. Thanks for the input. Did you use a superchip at all?

shadow21

Very cool. Thanks for the input. Did you use a superchip at all?

No I don't use any chip/tuner. To see any real change you would need a CAI/Tuner and even if you go Mopar CAI it voids your warranty. With that and the amount of issues people have with the 3.6 using oil I just refuse to do it.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hi all
My first question is
Thanks for any advice

All gears are basically made in the same facility just branded differently. If you're installing the gears yourself, make sure you get a master install kit as well.

If you have an automatic, you'll want to get a tuner to set the transmission shift points as well as set your speedo.

Some tuners have other features depending on your rig and any other aftermarket changes you've made.

Gadget

Caught the Bug

Wow... I have 3.73 and 35's and getting better than 16. Did a long weekend a couple weeks ago, drove about 375 miles and averaged better than 17.5 figured by hand, computer said closer to 18. 2014 4 dr auto. This was on 2 and 4 lane highway, I spend very little time (thank God) in bumper to bumper beltway traffic.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all
My first question is
Thanks for any advice

As mentioned, pretty much every gear out there is made by the same South Korean manufacturer and then packaged in different boxes. You'll be fine with whatever you decide to go with.

shadow21

Wow... I have 3.73 and 35's and getting better than 16. Did a long weekend a couple weeks ago, drove about 375 miles and averaged better than 17.5 figured by hand, computer said closer to 18. 2014 4 dr auto. This was on 2 and 4 lane highway, I spend very little time (thank God) in bumper to bumper beltway traffic.

Well when I get on the highway it gets close to 16-17. It's just getting to the highway that kills it. That's just inner city living though.

Top Bottom