New Wrangler Recall

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autosrecalls/chrysler-recalling-nearly-907000-cars-suvs/ar-BB9pPOO

The second recall covers almost 437,000 Jeep Wranglers from 2011 through 2013. Water can find its way into the heated power mirror wiring harness and cause corrosion. That can cause a short and could cause a minor fire and smoke, as well as cause loss of function of the mirror.

The problem was discovered in February after three Wranglers in Canada were damaged. Chrysler says it has 26 complaints about the problem, but it knows of no fires, crashes or injuries.

Dealers will move the wiring and install a protective shield to keep water out at no cost to owners, starting in December. Most of the Wranglers are in the U.S., Canada and Mexico, but more than 78,000 were sold overseas.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I wonder if this has anything to do with my door looks working and sometimes not. Passenger side only ..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I heard about this but have busted my passenger side mirror so, I'll need to get it fixed before I can have the dealer fix it :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom