Rotating Tires x5?

Doplar

Hello all,

I've owned my jeep almost a year- and I'm nearing 15k miles. I was thinking about rotating my tires. Should I, or can I rotate my 5th (never used) tire? At some point when I buy new tires I don't intent to keep the size that came with the jeep. I hope to be ready for a lift and some new 35s.

I appreciate any insight. I'm still new to doing my own jeep upkeep.

thanks.

Jeep 2014
Anvil
No extras (yet!!)

JAGS

Hooked
Hello all,

I've owned my jeep almost a year- and I'm nearing 15k miles. I was thinking about rotating my tires.

So you've gone 15k without ever rotating????

Or are you asking if you can/should now rotate in your spare even though your other tires have 15K on them? You should be rotating all tires every 3k-5k depending on your preference.

My :twocents: but at 15K, your likely about 1/3 through (or more) the general quality lifespan of the stock tires. I wouldn't rotate the spare in at this point. If you've never done a rotation, you should ASAP as no doubt you'll have uneven wear.

edit: overlander beat me.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You haven't rotated your tires in 15k miles? Yikes. I wouldn't rotate the spare at this point.

yikes! yea if you havent rotated in 15k its pointless to rotate in your spare now like overlander said. i rotate all 5 of my tires with every oil change (3k miles or so). i would just rotate 4 for now and when you get new tires do all 5

BlackKnight

yikes! yea if you havent rotated in 15k its pointless to rotate in your spare now like overlander said. i rotate all 5 of my tires with every oil change (3k miles or so). i would just rotate 4 for now and when you get new tires do all 5

Eeek! You change your oil every 3K??

I rotate tires and change oil at 7k. which will be this weekend, I just rolled 16500 (did my first oil change to full synth at 2500 to get the break in oil out)...

Last edited:

noroad

i used Mobil 1 syn 15000 miles, i change it every 10,000 miles and rotate tires every 4 to 5k

Doplar

Wow. now I'm glad I asked. Yea. I haven't rotated them at all. I've been getting my oil changed every 3k (the dealership gave me 8 free oil changes over the 1st 2 years).

Ok so at this point I will not rotate in my 5th tire.

When I get new tires, if i rotate them every 3-7k that should be fine to work all 5 in.

This is why I'm happy to be part of this community. I appreciate all the knowledge the members share.

thanks.

noroad

Wow. now I'm glad I asked. Yea. I haven't rotated them at all. I've been getting my oil changed every 3k (the dealership gave me 8 free oil changes over the 1st 2 years).

Ok so at this point I will not rotate in my 5th tire.

When I get new tires, if i rotate them every 3-7k that should be fine to work all 5 in.

This is why I'm happy to be part of this community. I appreciate all the knowledge the members share.

thanks.

I would say more like 3 to 5k! 7 might be to late to fix a problem you could see during rotation!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
When I worked at the stealership we recommended rotating tires every other oil change or roughly every 6k miles, do a re-balance every other rotate or every 12k miles roughly.

Top Bottom