Keystone/Buena Vista area OCT 18-20

supra_launch21v

Anyone interested in joining us in the area of Keystone or Buena Vista area would be welcome. We are going where the snow is not. Trails will be something like red cone, sob, radical, chinaman, wheeler lake, wherever there is no snow. If anyone has a weather report it would be greatly appreciated as we are traveling from the Midwest.

Snow possible

I live in Keystone and would love to join you but your going on the days I work and my jeep is in the shop for an undetermined amount of time. Anyways just wanted to let you know it snowed here all yesterday, especially high up on the trails you mentioned. The good thing is that its supposed to be sunny for the rest of the week and it will all most likely melt away, but be prepared for some mud and say 2' deep river crossing on websters pass from the snow melt. I know the snow will continue to accumulate in the shaded parts of the trails because there was still snow last week when I went up from the snowfall about 3 weeks ago.

supra_launch21v

highcountryjeeper said:
I live in Keystone and would love to join you but your going on the days I work and my jeep is in the shop for an undetermined amount of time. Anyways just wanted to let you know it snowed here all yesterday, especially high up on the trails you mentioned. The good thing is that its supposed to be sunny for the rest of the week and it will all most likely melt away, but be prepared for some mud and say 2' deep river crossing on websters pass from the snow melt. I know the snow will continue to accumulate in the shaded parts of the trails because there was still snow last week when I went up from the snowfall about 3 weeks ago.

Yep, we found all the trails in BV and Salida were open. We had a great time.

Next time lets get together!

Top Bottom