Oil pan armor

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Who makes a good oil pan skid plate for the 3.6? I have looked some and can only find Rancho, it's bright red..

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have run both rancho and now evo on my 3.8. both are VERY solid. the only reason i got rid of my rancho is becuase i wanted the rull evo protek system, otherwise i would still be running it.

JKWrang

I was looking into this as well, I think the Rancho is only for use in 3.8L

Protek Oil Pan system I think was only for sale individually for the 3.8L as well - last I saw. But I could be very wrong. I ultimately decided on the EVO Protek for my jeep (crossmember, Oil Pan and connecting skid)

This is probably the most economic and effective kit I can find and know everyone who runs it is delighted with the performance of this lightweight, heavy duty system.

EDIT
From the Rancho Website

Oil Pan Protection
2012 - 2013: RS6236
2007 - 2011: RS6208

NEW mounting tab to keep armor in place
Protects the oil pan from direct contact
1/8-in. steel construction
Easy installation, installs over OEM oil pan
Shields the entire oil pan and maintains drain-hole access
Durable red powder-coated finish
Can only be used on 3.8L JK motor

From the ORE website on the only standalone oil pan listed

EVO MFG 2007-2011 JK ProTek Oil Pan Skid $189.99 ¼” Steel Skid Fully boxed for protection on all sides 100% Bolt on with Factory Hardware Accessible oil drain without removing skid Fits both manual and automatic transmission Powdercoated black This can be used independently or with entire system. Plus Shipping Cost (Weight is 13LBS)

Last edited:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I looked on Evo website 1st and could not find an oil pan skid plate of any kind. Did I miss something?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

thardy

Banned
I'll be honest, I originally bought just the Evo Pro-Tek Oil Pan Skid, only to turn around and buy the trans skid and cross-member skid to complete the Pro-Tek system. I was definitely glad I did too, as the trans and cross-member skid had a few marks on them, where as the oil pan skid was clean. It's only a little bit more to get the full system and I wished I had bought it as a system from the get go.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Yep ours cover the
3.8 P/N RS6208
3.6 P/N RS6236

If Rancho Red is too much, may I suggest Soul Crushing Black. :brows:
Honestly it is tough to see the red under there...

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Just installed the EVO oil pan skid last week. Nice unit, plan on getting entire skid system but had to buy in pieces due to available funding in the ol wallet. It was however an anniversary gift from the wife! She let me buy it anyways, LOL.

I have the EVO Protek skid system on my 2012 JK 2 door auto. Im a big fan of EVO as I know first hand that EVO stands behind their products and they are very well made. :rock:

Top Bottom