Full Cage Options

Grappler

Hey guys,

I have a 14 JKU and I am looking for Full Cage Options.

So far I have (3) Options...

1) Gen Right - GREAT looking full cage for my JKU. The pieces themselves, without being welded, assembled or powder coated are almost $3000.
2) Poison Spyder - Try to convince them to get going on R/D and build a Full Cage for the JKU; their bold on front is not what I am looking for.
3) Ask Here for suggestions

Thanks for the help.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey guys,

I have a 14 JKU and I am looking for Full Cage Options.

So far I have (3) Options...

1) Gen Right - GREAT looking full cage for my JKU. The pieces themselves, without being welded, assembled or powder coated are almost $3000.
2) Poison Spyder - Try to convince them to get going on R/D and build a Full Cage for the JKU; their bold on front is not what I am looking for.
3) Ask Here for suggestions

Thanks for the help.

Genright makes a very nice cage. :thumb:

EVO makes one, but it is install at ORE only. Tough sell for NC.

Poly makes one.

Those are your three choices.

Question is why do you want a full cage?

I have a sport cage with the rear streamer and feel completely safe going off road and driving on the street.

As MTG (Not SHARKEY) has pointed out there are several options with one not mentioned. Having one fabricated by a local shop. Here in The DDW area we have a local shop that builds buggies and has made a couple for Jeeps.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja

I have a sport cage with the rear streamer and feel completely safe going off road and driving on the street.

As Sharkey has pointed out there are several options with one not mentioned. Having one fabricated by a local shop. Here in The DDW area we have a local shop that builds buggies and has made a couple for Jeeps.

R/
Will

Sent from my fRuit product using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol. Sharkey? You mean MTG? Lay off the pipe Will. :bleh::cheesy::beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

That would be my question as well. I have personally seen a JK roll 4 times with just a sport cage at 75 MPH and the drive is alive today thanks to just a sport cage. For the most part, I don't know a single person other than that who's rolled their Jeep and needed anything more than the factory roll bars to protect them.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That would be my question as well. I have personally seen a JK roll 4 times with just a sport cage at 75 MPH and the drive is alive today thanks to just a sport cage. For the most part, I don't know a single person other than that who's rolled their Jeep and needed anything more than the factory roll bars to protect them.

But they look cool. ;)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
But they look cool. ;)

:doh: How could I forget. :crazyeyes:

Funny thing is, Cindy and I will most likely get an EVO full cage installed when we can but only because of our new 6.2L motor and how we like to bomb across the open desert. If all we ever did was rock crawl, a full cage wouldn't even come up on my radar of things to do. Hell, after seeing Ken survive his crash, I don't even see the need for one in Rubicat.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've always viewed a full cage as one of those things that probably is not a "need" for most people. Nonetheless, I fully understand why some people "want" one. Overkill in the safety department is not necessarily a bad thing. There are certainly worse ways to spend money. One could probably make a good argument that 5 point harnesses would be a better "bang for the buck" safety upgrade for most people than a full weld-in cage.

Given the rate of speed that you and Cindy run in the open desert, a full cage makes a lot of sense. ;)

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nonetheless, I fully understand why some people "want" one. Overkill in the safety department is not necessarily a bad thing. There are certainly worse ways to spend money.

this is why i am even doing the sport cage (outside of trying to meet jkx requirments). i would rather have the extra safety just in case something happens. a full weld in cage for me and my wheeling would just be really stupid

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I've always viewed a full cage as one of those things that probably is not a "need" for most people. Nonetheless, I fully understand why some people "want" one. Overkill in the safety department is not necessarily a bad thing. There are certainly worse ways to spend money. One could probably make a good argument that 5 point harnesses would be a better "bang for the buck" safety upgrade for most people than a full weld-in cage.

Given the rate of speed that you and Cindy run in the open desert, a full cage makes a lot of sense. ;)

You mean the rate of speed they drive anywhere, not just the desert.

Grappler

The rear of a 4 Door JK is grossly more unprotected with the factory cage than the 2 door. I've seen first hand a side impact mid Jeep completely cave in the cage. I have zero issues spending a bit more for some additional safety.

I've looked into upgrades for the cage instead and improvements to move to 5 points in the front; and the complete cage simply makes more sense to me.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The rear of a 4 Door JK is grossly more unprotected with the factory cage than the 2 door. I've seen first hand a side impact mid Jeep completely cave in the cage.

What kind of "side impact" did you see first hand? I have seen first hand a 4-door JK roll 3 times at the Hammers and with just a sport cage and it protected the occupants just fine.

I have zero issues spending a bit more for some additional safety.

And, if that's the case, it's your money and you should choose to spend it how you see fit.

I've looked into upgrades for the cage instead and improvements to move to 5 points in the front; and the complete cage simply makes more sense to me.

Guess I'm just a dumbass noob as in the 8 years that I have been wheeling a 4-door JK, I've yet to see where it would make any sense for most people. But hey, that's just me, what do I know :yup:

Grappler

What kind of "side impact" did you see first hand? I have seen first hand a 4-door JK roll 3 times at the Hammers and with just a sport cage and it protected the occupants just fine.

And, if that's the case, it's your money and you should choose to spend it how you see fit.

Guess I'm just a dumbass noob as in the 8 years that I have been wheeling a 4-door JK, I've yet to see where it would make any sense for most people. But hey, that's just me, what do I know :yup:

The JK was on a slight pitch toward the passenger side; some modifications for desert environment and was hit to the passenger side purposefully by another vehicle. The middle section of the cage caved in like a "V".

Thanks, I will have to take your word for it on the dumbs noob stuff.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The JK was on a slight pitch toward the passenger side; some modifications for desert environment and was hit to the passenger side purposefully by another vehicle. The middle section of the cage caved in like a "V".

LOL!! What? Was this like demolition derby or something? What middle section are you talking about? Sorry, don't know too many people who build up their jeep to withstand a purposeful hit by another vehicle.

Thanks, I will have to take your word for it on the dumbs noob stuff.

Got any pics of this?

Top Bottom