Help w/dash light

Jeep4me2

Well, I don't know if this is normal or a problem...

Recently, Pro Comp hooked me up by installing a 2.5 inch suspension lift with both front & rear track bars.
Since the install, I get this light when doing a
prolonged turn at 30+ mph, like on a freeway off ramp.

image-2854223708.jpg
I should mention if I feather the brakes it feels like the anti-lock brakes are kicking in.

This hasn't happened any other time.

Is this the nature of the beast? Do I take it back to them ask them to fix it? Keep in mind this was a free install and free kit (for T&E). Or if I fix on my own, what should I be looking at? (Translation: what do I tell my mechanic to check? Yeah, I suck, I know).

Last edited:

Robar

The Enforcer
The light means your electronics are kicking in. If you steering wheel is off center then the jeep thinks you are in a turn when you are not. Then when you do turn it thinks your are turning more than you really are and tries to correct it so you don't go into a skid.

Jeep4me2

Robar said:
The light means your electronics are kicking in. If you steering wheel is off center then the jeep thinks you are in a turn when you are not. Then when you do turn it thinks your are turning more than you really are and tries to correct it so you don't go into a skid.

Just reading the link you posted, Robar. Seems like that is what's going on. 2.5" lift, 33's, ESP BAS coming on at a turn.
I'll try this myself tomorrow, thanks!

Robar

The Enforcer
Just reading the link you posted, Robar. Seems like that is what's going on. 2.5" lift, 33's, ESP BAS coming on at a turn.
I'll try this myself tomorrow, thanks!
You mainly do the recenter steering wheel part. Centering your steering wheel should fix your problem.

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Also check to make sure all the nuts regarding steering linkage are tight. Use a torque wrench if you have one and tighten to specified torque using projectJK torque spec write-up. I recently had my drag-link nut at the knuckle come loose and it caused ESP/BAS to come on.

Top Bottom