Unintended JK Easter Eggs

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So during my last dealer visit, they broke the passenger side hinge pin nut (and hinge pin apparently). I just brought the jeep in to have them replace it, and when I got home, I noticed something weird...all my hinge pin nuts are black, but the passenger side bottom hinge pin nut is body color. It is the only one as well. Seems weird. Anyone else have multicolored hinge pin nuts?

Side question....the dealer took the bolts that hold the hinge to the door, so they can get the pin out, and obviously, cracked the paint on the bolts and they don't look very good. Do they make hinge bolts (the ones that bolt to the door) that are black like the A pillar bolts?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Not a jeep but my mom and stepdad bought a brand new chevy truck in 1994. It was delivered to the original dealer who done the new vehicle inspection, then it was dealer traded to two other dealers who done dealer trade inspections on it with one of those being the dealer they bought it from. The salesman and my stepdad looked at it several times and when he finally went to sign papers on it my mom walked out, looked at it, turned around and came back inside asking if they were going to install the trim on the pass side as it was gone. The driver side had the trim but the pass side never had it installed at the factory. No one noticed it until my mom did. LOL.

So during my last dealer visit, they broke the passenger side hinge pin nut (and hinge pin apparently). I just brought the jeep in to have them replace it, and when I got home, I noticed something weird...all my hinge pin nuts are black, but the passenger side bottom hinge pin nut is body color. It is the only one as well. Seems weird. Anyone else have multicolored hinge pin nuts?

Side question....the dealer took the bolts that hold the hinge to the door, so they can get the pin out, and obviously, cracked the paint on the bolts and they don't look very good. Do they make hinge bolts (the ones that bolt to the door) that are black like the A pillar bolts?

My TJ had color matched nuts which were a pain in the ass. My JK just has black cap nut which I took off an have left off.

Top Bottom