2016 Land Rover Defender?

JamesWyatt

No doubt the Defender will be independent suspension all the way around, which I prefer over the truck-style IFS + rear solid axle combo. I already have the perfect solid axle 4x4, so if Jeep wants to ditch the pumpkin up front, then ditch 'em both and give us H1-style ground clearance and performance. I'm sure the next generation Wrangler will beat mine stock-for-stock, but I'm just not interested in a micro-Ram convertible.

Very interested to see which brand - Land Rover or Jeep stays truer to the design heritage as far as boxy goes. I fear Land Rover is going to lose badly on this front if they try to stick a Range Rover Sport nose on boxy-styled body.

And I know this has zero effect on reality, but I sure hope Land Rover keeps the flat, vertical Defender grill, and I hope Jeep goes back to a TJ-inspired vertical grill and windshield, even if they round off the sides.

Lastly - if either brand puts a g-damned "terrain dial" on the console in place of the transfer case shifter, then "the end / lights out" for me.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Lastly - if either brand puts a g-damned "terrain dial" on the console in place of the transfer case shifter, then "the end / lights out" for me.

I doubt you'll get away from it on Land Rover. The "terrain dial" was on both previous Range Rover's I had. On my 2007 Full Sized RR, it had a "terrain dial", on my 2013 Supercharged Sport, It had a Terrain Dial. Whats worse is that Land Rover has moved to a button now. I was given a 2014 Evoque as a loaner recently and they ditched the dial for buttons.

Top Bottom