Good buddy needs noise help.

sparkymoffett

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=788805474514098

Guys and gals. Got a buddy here in Colorado who needs help. (hopefully the video above works.)
anyway, just done with his break-in period for new gears. While waiting, he installed new Synergy ball joints.
After about 2 days, he gets a weird chirping sound, intermittently, while turning right.

He has checked/done the following;
Everything in the front end is tight
Brakes are clear and not warped
tested with the jeep on stands=no sound.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Looks like every time the rusted spot on the axle shaft is close to the drag link is when the sound happens. Not saying those two are connect, but that's when the sound happens.

sparkymoffett

yeah i noticed that too...but of course they come no where near touching or rubbing. **he also told me that it wasn't rust..just a missed spot from when he used rustoleum, ha!

jeeeep

Hooked
have him check the brake dust shield, after I replaced my ball joints when I would turn I would get a similar sound and the dust shield was bent just enough to catch every so often

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Looks like every time the rusted spot on the axle shaft is close to the drag link is when the sound happens. Not saying those two are connect, but that's when the sound happens.

I agree, it clearly looks like the sound is sync'd to the axle shaft.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
i have something similar but its with my rear end (or maybe its the front, can't be certain). looking forward to hearing about some more ideas on what it may be.

Top Bottom