35" tire bumpstop

Clark Collins

I just installed 35" tires on my 2010 JKU Sport and came up with the following solution to the "extended bump stop" issue with the stock tire carrier. I got two Hillman 1 5/8x1 5/16x1" #5 rubber stoppers from Lowes. They fit perfectly in the holes in the stock bump stop and push in to be just the right length to hold the spare tire securely. See photos. DSCF1836 (800x450).jpg DSCF1840 (800x450).jpg

Rubizon

sweet. I am getting 35s this weekend for my 2010 as well. I was considering to just run with a bare ass in my jeep and take the stock carrier completely off.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Ok, I'm just trying to get 35s at least sometime soon and still trying to figure out for sure what to do with the spare until I can get an EVO carrier.

jeeeep

Hooked
stock tire carrier works just fine as long as there's no movement on the tire, that's a good solution for the bump stops also Daystar makes a good bump stop. I've been running 35's on my 2010 carrier for about the last 4 yrs no issues

HILLZ

Factory rim?

35's on stock rims with the stock carrier wouldn't need extended stops as you haven't changed the gap between wheel and tailgate.
only when you change rims with different back spacing will they need to be extended.

edit the gap will actually decrease slightly due to the wider tyre.

KJ_CJtoJK

35's on stock rims with the stock carrier wouldn't need extended stops as you haven't changed the gap between wheel and tailgate.
only when you change rims with different back spacing will they need to be extended.

edit the gap will actually decrease slightly due to the wider tyre.

Actually you will need to extend the stops because you cannot get the stock wheel on the carrier without a 1.25" wheel spacer. You need the wheel spacer for the 35" tire to clear the 3rd brake light bracket.

HILLZ

Actually you will need to extend the stops because you cannot get the stock wheel on the carrier without a 1.25" wheel spacer. You need the wheel spacer for the 35" tire to clear the 3rd brake light bracket.

depends on the rear bumper that you are running, mine just rested on the ARB bumper before I switched on to new wheels but still fit.
but that could also come down to tread pattern and a lot of other factors so it could go either way I suppose. :thinking::thinking:

Top Bottom