37s?

jman_12

Just wondering if anyone runs 37s on a daily driver? Heard they eat up mpg, etc but do they last long still with off road, wearing on steering parts, etc. ?

bkac

Caught the Bug
Lots of people on here run 37s as a dd. Not much difference from 35s.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

I run 37's and 5.13 gears and around town I get about 15 mpg. On the freeway around 65 is about the same, but when you get up to about 75 or 80 the mpg go way down. I get about 11 mpg going 80.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

I run 37's and 5.13 gears and around town I get about 15 mpg. On the freeway around 65 is about the same, but when you get up to about 75 or 80 the mpg go way down. I get about 11 mpg going 80.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using WAYALIFE mobile app

That's is bad, i do about 75-80 mph 80 miles a day and get between 14.5 and 16.5 mpg!

StrizzyChris

Running stock 4.10 gears and Nitto 37's on ATX slabs I average about 12.5mpg in town with only moderately aggressive take offs. I max out around 15MPG on the highway when driving 65mph with cruise cont set and no head wind.

I could regain pep, and I'm assuming be around 16.5ish MPG highway and about 14mpg city, if I would re-gear to my desired 5.13 gears.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Running stock 4.10 gears and Nitto 37's on ATX slabs I average about 12.5mpg in town with only moderately aggressive take offs. I max out around 15MPG on the highway when driving 65mph with cruise cont set and no head wind.

I could regain pep, and I'm assuming be around 16.5ish MPG highway and about 14mpg city, if I would re-gear to my desired 5.13 gears.

Same here. Mpg took a nose dive with 37's. Re gear should help. But the jeep is a porker with all the stuff I added.

JK LYF

StrizzyChris,

Wondering if you used a superchip of any kind, and if you did, did it help?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I ran 37s on my old jkur on 4.10 gears. Mpg were about 13 -15. Worth it in my opinion. 35s mpg isnt too different

13 JKU sport

Yeep

I'm running 37" mtr/k's and average a little over 14 mpg with stock 4.10's. A buddy of mine is running the same tire and gear combo in 35's and is averaging about 15 mpg

StrizzyChris

No superchips, just the procal. There was no HP gains, it just returned the factory shift points to the factory settings. That helped MPG just by improving the RPM ranges of the sift points

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
No superchips, just the procal. There was no HP gains, it just returned the factory shift points to the factory settings. That helped MPG just by improving the RPM ranges of the sift points

What did your tires measure out to? Just wondering if you have the same measurement I came up with.

g00se04

I'm running 37"s mtr's with 4.88's 6spd and get around 14mpg city and 16mpg highway as long as its bellow 75mph.

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
It's also very weight dependent on your rig as well. Terrain (hills, etc) will also greatly vary mpg.

I notice about 2-3mpg difference between loaded out and empty.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I'm running Nitto Trail Grapplers 37s on a 6 spd manual 2012 JKUR with 5.13s. I'm averaging about 13.3 mpg in town according to the computer but by hand calculation it's closer to 12mpg. I tend to have a heavy foot though. When I run on the Hwy. if I don't run 80 I average about 15 mpg. But even at 80 mph in non-windy flat conditions I will average 15 mpg typically.

I drove to CO in Sept. this year fully loaded running between 75-80 and still averaged 13.5 up to our destination near Leadville. So it's not too bad. Had to drop into 5th a few times once we got into some altitude.

JAGS

Hooked
As noted I run trailgrapler 37s on envy with the 4" enforcer and non-bead lock wheels. Run 5.13 on the regear and updated settings using the pro cal.

My work commute is 75 miles minimum with LA fwy traffic. When not commuting, I'm playing chauffeur for two kids to school, practices, lessons and several trips to the mall and grocery stores.

All said I average between 14-16 mpg. Once in while it will go to 16.5-17 if a long road trip. But then usually settles in the 14 range most of the time. I drive my jeep like a car around town so that may bring it down it little. But not much I don't think.

- Jason

StrizzyChris

What did your tires measure out to? Just wondering if you have the same measurement I came up with.

I honestly cant remember at all. If I recall it was somewhere around 35.75". BUT I will say that it really depends on the PSI your running, The Jeeps weight, rim width, and obviously tread depth. All of those things will change the exact same tire's size by as much as 0.25" in either direction.

JK1

Im at 14 mpg average after regearing to 5.13. And i was at 12.5mpg with 4.10s. With 37s but who cares it looks awesome and i didnt build it or buy it for gas mileage lol

Sent from my SCH-R970 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom