fox 2.0 evolution ifp vs fox 2.0 performance ifp

shortyokc

im running a 4 inch lift with evo plush ride coils and ready to buy my shocks this week. iv been staring at specs, forums and all info available and have it down to the fox 2.0 non reservoir shocks due to cost and i will never push them to that limit. now it is down to the evolution 2.0 ifp vs the performance ifp series. i know the main difference is the performance has a aluminum housing vs steel housing on the evolution. the shaft is nitro steel on the evolution and chrome plated heat treated alloy on the performance, other than that i read mixed things that they are the same or that they are tuned differently. i also read that the performance series is rebuild-able which is a plus for me since i rebuild all my fox components on my bikes every winter. i am pretty set of fox because of running them on all my bikes for over a decade with no issues and unmatched ride quality. anyone have any info or experience with these?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, have no experience with these shocks but, it sounds like you already know what you want. :yup:

shortyokc

Haha I know, just don't know if it is worth the $100 Difference for the set of 4 for the aluminum upgrade

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha I know, just don't know if it is worth the $100 Difference for the set of 4 for the aluminum upgrade

Maybe not for the aluminum upgrade but you said, and I quote, "the performance series is rebuild-able which is a plus for me since i rebuild all my fox components on my bikes every winter." Seems like it would be worth the $100 difference to you if only for this.

shortyokc

Yup I forgot to mention that on my response :)

JKbrick

If corrosion is a concern that may be a factor also, I have the aluminum rebuild able shocks and I like the ride but that differs for everyone.

mrmike

I had the performance series with resi and although they are rebuildable there are some special tools required. I would ask Fox about that. My local off road shop couldn't do it. Had to send them to Fox.

Also, I had my shafts start to rust on 3 of the 4. Had zip ties on them to keep track of travel used. Left them on too long and dirt crusted up. That helped get the rust started. Probably wouldn't have happened otherwise. But based on that I Prob wouldn't buy the cheaper version.

shortyokc

I just ordered the 2.0 performance series about 1 hour ago from Northridge 4x4. Using the wayalife discount pretty much paid for the upgrade. I looked into the rebuild and is $65 and re valve is $25 from fox. I guess the only thing that makes the not serviceable at home is charging with nitrogen. I know you can buy the nitrogen psi fill Guage for $85 but from what I understand you have to have a external scharader valve to fill:confused:

shortyokc

i got the shocks Wednesday night and installed them and wanted to drive around a bit before i came to any conclusions driving on my daily routes for good comparison. installation was easy and only took less than 1 hour with air tools, but trying to compress the shocks to install will give you a aneurysm and definitely have to move fast. immediately i have noticed i lost all the brake dive and body roll i once had. my handling has improved greatly especially at high speeds, on wash board roads before you would get to bouncing and vibrating so bad due to the shocks inability to keep up now i can go as fast as i want with total control. my ride has greatly improved especially interstate driving, city driving is better but slightly bumpy in Oklahoma roads at slower speed but still a great improvement. these comparisons were made from the previous procomp es9000's, which are paired with the evo plush ride coils. the 2 components definitely compliment and work together very well and have no regrets. also thanks to northridge 4x4 for the discount code, fast shipping, and awesome prices... next ill have to try them off road and put them to the test

JKbrick

JKS makes a lower shock mount bracket that places the lower mount on the outside of the factory mount. I put them on to gain a little space between the shock and frame so I wouldn't dent my shock. Seemed like cheap shock insurance.

shortyokc

JKS makes a lower shock mount bracket that places the lower mount on the outside of the factory mount. I put them on to gain a little space between the shock and frame so I wouldn't dent my shock. Seemed like cheap shock insurance.

definitely interested in doing this, never even thought of this being a issue but i guess they are made for a reason. im looking at the synergy, jks, and evo front lower relocation brackets. any better than others or related issues?

JKbrick

definitely interested in doing this, never even thought of this being a issue but i guess they are made for a reason. im looking at the synergy, jks, and evo front lower relocation brackets. any better than others or related issues?

Not sure why but I never checked EVO, I have all EVO and JKS stuff and everything I've gotten from either place is great quality. I can't think you would go wrong either way

shortyokc

i think im going to order the jks bracket mainly they turned the the bottom mount 90 degrees instead of just shifting it to the side. in doing this it takes away from side loading the lower bushing and putting it in a bind. the jks lets the lower pivot freely:thumb:

Top Bottom