Shock install question

G-man

Hello everyone.. I just got my packages, and I to install them . I looked throughout the forum for the torque values for the shock bolts... Anyone have them, and can I get them please... Thank you

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1414862032031.jpg
    1414862032031.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 122
  • 1414862064197.jpg
    1414862064197.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 122

G-man

Thank you for the info guys. I appreciate the help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Unless there is a special torque wrench for torquing the upper shock bolts, or a method I'm not aware of, you'll be hard pressed to get the upper bolts torqued. The fronts have a nylock nut but the rear only has regular bolts. I suggest using a little blue lock-tight on the rears. They are kind of a PITA to get started and get tight.

If someone knows the secret to torquing the top bolts on the shocks please reveal the magic. :yup:

G-man

When torquing down the upper shock, should I just tighten until the rubber stops begin to bulge or should I just follow the torque values sheet that was linked to me...I was thinking of calling King, I believe that they are closed today... I think I will wait, and call Monday morning...
Thank you for the feed back...

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
When torquing down the upper shock, should I just tighten until the rubber stops begin to bulge or should I just follow the torque values sheet that was linked to me...I was thinking of calling King, I believe that they are closed today... I think I will wait, and call Monday morning...

Like mtg said, just until they bulge. Can't really get a torque wrench in there.

MTG

Caught the Bug

They will tell you to tighten them until the bushings begin to bulge. :yup:

Top Bottom