Lift question

JRied

Hi guys, I wanted a more experienced opinion on this. My jeep came with a lift from the factory (not sure what but it has rancho 9000 and sits about 2 1/2) and Im in the process of upgrading. I want a 4" lift and will be getting a new front driveshaft JE Reel (4dr) and drag link flip (evo) etc etc. My question comes from this, I want metal cloak control arms/trac bars etc. Could i run the game changer lite but instead of using the 3.5" MC coils could i use the Currie 4" coils instead with no issues? If there's anything else you think I'd need please let me know. Or if it's a bad idea. I see on the currie 4" kit it includes rear coil retainer brackets, is that something I need if I were to run them with the MC kit. I couldn't find anything in searches for running the MC at 4" and they don't sell coils that size. Thanks

PS nothing against johnny joints, just a fan of the MC

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Should be fine. The coils are probably the same length. All 8 arms aren't needed.
But mc quality is what I'd be concerned with. Not my money or jeep, but Johny joints are proven. Good luck with the build.

Attachments

• 1414895094623.jpg
    1414895094623.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 1414895105787.jpg
    1414895105787.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 1414895129858.jpg
    1414895129858.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 1414895153553.jpg
    1414895153553.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 1414895177301.jpg
    1414895177301.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 137

JDDK

Sheez! What did you do to cause that?

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JRied

Wow, that's pretty bad stuff right there. I'll look into it if there prone to fail a little more then the JJ. If not I'll just stick with JJ and do the 4" currie kit w/o the antirock. That sucks

olram30

Also I would skip the track bars if using the evo drag link flip. Factory is good enough.

JRied

Yea I knew that the evo drag link flip would retain the factory in the front, i just wrote it for the sake of not having other ppl say I need to get one.

JRied

My brother just ordered the MC control arms to go along with his MC coils and I can't wait to show him those pics lol

My I suggest looking at something that has Johnny Joints, Drag Link Flip and rear track relocation bracket. The drag link flip kit also has a front track bar so you can reuse your factory track bars and save you the cash.

I have the 3 inch Plush Ride Coils paid with the Rancho RS9000 XO shocks and love the ride.

Here is the link for the Double D lift kit from EVO sold by Off Road Evolution.

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-DD-LONGARM

If the Double D is not for you check out the Enforcer lift kit with the Drag Link Flip and Rear Track Bar relocation bracket.
http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-ENFORCER-KIT
http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-DRAGLINKFLIP

R/
Will

olram30

Here's a sneak peek at a very good upcoming option.

Attachments

• 1414897492097.jpg
    1414897492097.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 115

JRied

Cool, I got til Black Friday till I make the purchase. So any recommendations and sneak peaks are appreciated

10frank9

Web Wheeler
How many do you recommend? Just the front lca?

When your lifting your 4 door Jeep more than 3" you'll want to get adjustable Front LCAs to adjust your caster. You'll want to add Rear Upper CAs as well if you have a 2 door.

olram30

What Frank said, really just the front lowers on a 4 door. Rear lowers can be purchased when they blow out, if they ever do.

olram30

Evolander runs just front lowers, went through a few jkx, mtg, piginajeep, 10frank, to name a few all run factory arms except front lowers. Some of these guys are mall crawlers, but really some of these infomercials really have people brainwashed imo.

Evolander runs just front lowers, went through a few jkx, mtg, piginajeep, 10frank, to name a few all run factory arms except front lowers. Some of these guys are mall crawlers, but really some of these infomercials really have people brainwashed imo.

Lol, you didn't just label Frank, he got a Neon sign with a flashing arrow.

Top Bottom