2014 SEMA Black CAL50 Starwood Motors KMC Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, of all the Jeep JK Wranglers that I've seen come in so far, this one by Starwood Motors and on display at the KMC semi probably ranks with in the top 10 of being the most SEMA worthy. In other words, it's big and showy and really, form is more important than function at a show like this. Outfitted with .50 caliber gun mounts, it's appropriately named, CAL50. Check it out...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Anything about these coil overs that seem a bit off to you?
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

How about in this close up shot?
main.php

main.php

Kinda strange that the front would be a 4-link setup and the rear is a radius arm setup...
main.php

main.php

main.php

trailless

Caught the Bug
A speed bump might make those beauties bottom out! :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

2013CGJKU

So many of these SEMA builds are like this. Just covered in CHEAP ASS smittybilt parts and nothing about them makes sense from a function standpoint. I would personally laugh in a shop's facr if they were attempting to use a tool like this to persuade me to spending my money with them. Jokers.

Levi
2013 CG JKU

GCM 2

Is there any more room to dial in maybe 1" more lift on those Coilovers :idontknow:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Is there any more room to dial in maybe 1" more lift on those Coilovers :idontknow:

Please forgive my ignorance, but are you talking about the ring on top of the spring? Im guessing you rotate that to change the lift height?

Loading please wait....

jeeeep

Hooked
still not a fan of SM built jeeps, I've seen several of them being in TX, the liner covered look got old fast

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I like it, but I would like to see some rigs with stock cut flares instead of these Smittybilt one's everyone is running.

StrizzyChris

Unfortunately, SEMA is all about flash, and vendors parts and innovation. While these are far from fresh or new, they are over the top which is exactly what SEMA's all about

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, SEMA is all about flash, and vendors parts and innovation. While these are far from fresh or new, they are over the top which is exactly what SEMA's all about

This is actually very true especially for all other categories of cars and truck. I just wish that the off road hall would cater a little more to "function" than "form". Unfortunately, the sad truth is that MOST people who own a Jeep AND will even build them up will never use them as they should be used.

Top Bottom