How to: Christmas Lights & SPod

Artbeatnik

Hi, newbie to the Jeep world. So far I've begun a slow transformation of my Jeep. I just completed an install of an SPod in my truck and I'm looking to hook up a wreath with Christmas lights to it. I'd like to know if anyone else has done this and if so what technique did you use? Any suggestions on how to do this with an SPod without blowing a fuse with the lights? Is it as simple as hooking up a positive and negative to the Spod terminals? All help is appreciated!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Get some LED christmas lights so the voltage needs are low, and just hook them to your battery or spod or whatever. It's that simple.

The only somewhat hard part is figuring out which wire is the negative. I believe there's a ridge or line or small indicator that's a big difficult to see, but is there. worst case, hook them up if it doesn't work reverse the wires. you might want to use some spare cable to run to the front of your jeep or wherever so you don't have to run the lights under the hood.

good luck! :thumb:

dalearyous

i am also doing this for the first time this year. gotta get use out of my spare sPOD switches. just like what he said though, run all your lights or whatever and use spare wire to tie into the sPOD.

Top Bottom