How do you Check if your C's are bent?

Finisher

So a couple of weeks ago the wife and I were out on a weekend drive on some fire trails. When we got back on the pavement and got up to speed,
the front started to shimmy,not a full on DW but just a harsh shimmy. I had just rotated tires, so i thought that maybe the spare that got rotated in
had maybe gotten out of balance, so I swapped tires around, that seemed to solve the problem. Fast forward, my wife just had the same thing
happen when she was driving in to town. I set up an appointment at the tire shop for the tires to be balanced and to just double check the alignment. Shop says tires were fine but thought that either the knuckle or the housing is bent on the front drivers side. Anyway just looking for some suggestions or advice on what you guys think. Was wanting to go to a PR44/60 at some point but just not yet. Jeep is running GYMTRK 35s with a Mopar/TF 3.5 in lift.:doh:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Did they give you a sheet with the specs with the alignment? If your getting a shimmy, sounds like it may be something else.

Finisher

No numbers, just said " LH outer tie rod is at end of adjustment,right side of front axel housing is bent at knuckle. Distance from top of tire to spring perch is substantially different from other side. unable to correct camber or caster without parts."

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
So your tie rod has no more adjustment? If it's baby that bad, it may be noticeable looking at it straight on. Housing bent, you'd have leaking by where the axle shafts exit the tubes. Any chance you could snap a picture of your tie rod adjuster on the drivers side? Be pretty easy if this shop was pulling your chain.
Probably a loose track bar causing your shimmy if you already rotated and balanced your tires.. could be a bad ball joint also. Hard to say.

Finisher

Not close to the jeep but from what saw looking it all over this weekend, there is only about 1/4 to 1/8 in of thread left. I don't have any leaks so I almost am willing to skip the bent housing. Talking to the shop he thought maybe a bent knuckle also. I have seen adjustable ball joints anybody have an opinion on them?

Finisher

New issue tonight, I took the kid into town, when I came up to a stop sign and started to slow down the abs/traction control kicked in and
damn near pulled me off the road. This was on dry pavement at about 20mph. The front end really likes to wander driving down the highway.
Really at a lose for what is going on at this point.

Finisher

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415409256.835703.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415409270.982796.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415409282.742485.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415409300.790216.jpg
I'm not seeing anything terribly out of place. Going to try to spend some time on it this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom