ARB compressor

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Let me rephrase, the black and gray parts that the wires and hose come from for the locker, do either of them have oil? Can oil from my axle work its way up the air hose and leak out at this point?

Moochie

Let me rephrase, the black and gray parts that the wires and hose come from for the locker, do either of them have oil? Can oil from my axle work its way up the air hose and leak out at this point?

Yes, gear oil can travel up the air line to the solenoid. It can be caused by a bad o-ring in your diff.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Thanks, solenoid was the word I was looking for, is the o ring in the locker itself or the metal airline that goes to the housing?

EZ-E

Thanks, solenoid was the word I was looking for, is the o ring in the locker itself or the metal airline that goes to the housing?

I had this happen to my rear ARB to the point it would no longer engage. Had to take the entire carrier out of the axle, as the o-rings are in the seal housing. Only way to get to them is to remove the carrier.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Just talked to arb and was told to check the oil level in the diff, it might have been overfilled. The extra oil would get forced up the line and out the solenoid. "The path of least resistance" . He also said to disconnect the air line from the housing, turn on the compressor and let it blow the oil out of the housing.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
The "O-rings" are part of a separate piece that connects directly to the air hose via a copper tube. It's a ring with two seals and a tiny air hole in the center section. It sits between the bearing and Diff wall under the bearing cap. In the pic below it is the ring with the copper tube coming out. You would need to pull the locker and replace both seals in the ring.

dana-60-arb-air-locker.jpg

IMG_3751_small.jpg

Last edited:

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Arb also said that if the O ring was bad it would be leaking air so the compressor would be kicking on and off frequently, mine is not doing that.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
How is this for innovative: ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415115789.417640.jpg . The orange hose is for tires and is mounted on the frame behind the pax side rear wheel. I have a picture but it won't post.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How is this for innovative: View attachment 107905 . The orange hose is for tires and is mounted on the frame behind the pax side rear wheel. I have a picture but it won't post.

is this yours or did you google it? if you googled it im sure its on a rig out west. for us here in PA/east coast i wuldnt run mine there due to all the water crossings we have and the salt. i feel like it would just eat the compressor alive right there.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Mine, wasn't consulted, showed up to pick it up and there it was. Not a big fan, might put an underhood mount on my Xmas list and change it myself.

Top Bottom