Warn Power Plant or ARB twin compressor

steadfast91

I am getting ready to start a new build and looking for some opinions on onboard air. My new build will be setting on 40's. I currently have the ARB twin compressor and it works great with 37's. Although I worry if the thing is going to blow up or melt from getting so hot. I am wounding if the Warn power plant is more have duty and I like the idea that is all in one unit and no need to plumb any air lines.
Thoughts?

T&ERun

LOSER
ARB lockers or no? If so, much easier to use them with a dedicated compressor compared to the Power Plant.

KrawlerJK

I was debating the same topic... Just bought a co2 tank even though I have a compressor for my arb lockers

JT Bone

I have the twin ARB and it's ok for filing tires but I mounted a 2.5 gallon air tank under the jeep, opposite the muffler and it will run an impact gun one tire at a time. When it's full, airs up a 37 inch tire from 8 psi to 32 psi in 2 min. Then I let it recover. About 12 min to air back up from the trail. Without the air tank it was really slow. I can't speak for the output of the power plant, never seen one in action.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Air lockers or no? If so, would love to hear how you have it plumbed.

*Nevermind. Just looked at your profile, looks like stock lockers.

No, just for tires. If and when I get lockers, I'll put a dedicated compressor under the hood.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Cozdude and I have had no issues with our twins holding up, we both filled up our sets on one of the last trips out 35 and 37s, and filled a few guys sets as well.

Cozdude and I have had no issues with our twins holding up, we both filled up our sets on one of the last trips out 35 and 37s, and filled a few guys sets as well.

I've got the ARB Twin as well. I have air lockers front and rear and I'm on 40's and haven't had any issues yet as far as filling my tires. Do I fill my tires in record speed? Probably not, but I stepped up from a portable Shittybuilt compressor so it's definitely record speed compared to before.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I've got the ARB Twin as well. I have air lockers front and rear and I'm on 40's and haven't had any issues yet as far as filling my tires. Do I fill my tires in record speed? Probably not, but I stepped up from a portable Shittybuilt compressor so it's definitely record speed compared to before.

Smittybilt and 40's? Lol.. this might be faster

Attachments

• 1415199403953.jpg
    1415199403953.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 72

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I've got the ARB Twin and it inflates my 37s just fine and usually ends up filling a few of my buddies' 35s also. It has 100% duty cycle so shouldn't blow up. I already had a winch so I didn't want to spend the cash on the power plant. The other factor was I was planning for the future for when my E-lockers go out I can put ARB lockers in and already have the compressor to run the lockers. Those were some of the reasons I went with ARB. I will also say ARB has great service. I blew one of the compressor motors out after a electrical issue and when I emailed ARB describing the problem, with no questions asked, they shipped me a new motor. I didn't even have to give them a serial number and it was all done via email. :thumb:

I don't think you can loose with the power plant either though. WARN makes really good stuff! I wish I had bought a WARN winch. When this one dies I will.

Top Bottom