2014 SEMA Bestop Yellow Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the 2014 SEMA Show, Bestop released their all new TrekTop Pro - a fastback top with all the fun that a soft top offers, options that a bikini/safari top provide and all the conveniences of a hard top as well. This top is made out of 30 oz. twill fabric for a nice quite ride, is built with a sunrider so that you can flip open the front like a sun roof, has a glass rear window complete with defrosters and optional rear wiper and comes with sliding glass side windows with screens. Maybe the best part of this top is that even though it's a soft top, there are absolutely NO ZIPPERS on it. In other words, it's a lot easier to install and remove the rear panels for a bikini top ride. Here's what it looks like on a Jeep JK 4-door Unlimited.

DSC03952.jpg

DSC03953.jpg

DSC03954.jpg

DSC03955.jpg

DSC03966.jpg

DSC03944.jpg

DSC03945.jpg

DSC03947.jpg

DSC03948.jpg

DSC03949.jpg

DSC03950.jpg

DSC03958.jpg

DSC03959.jpg

DSC03960.jpg

DSC03961.jpg

DSC03962.jpg

DSC03963.jpg

Milkman

Is the rear shell plastic or fiberglass? It looks like an injection molded plastic like the factory Jeep door surrounds with a honeycomb structure for strength.

TheStick

I am going to seriously look into this. I bought my Jeep with the hardtop only. Decided it was a pain for those spring/fall months for quick topless mode. Got a soft top which I love, expect for the rear zip window (domestic crap like groceries, etc). I could sell both and get this. I will be waiting for first hand experience though. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is the rear shell plastic or fiberglass? It looks like an injection molded plastic like the factory Jeep door surrounds with a honeycomb structure for strength.

The side panels are still fabric and they wrap around a plastic sub-structure that goes from the roll bar to the corner of your tub. The rear glass is mounted to hinges on a cross bar.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, if they do a demonstration of taking it on and off I would love to see that. :thumb:

We did get a demonstration on the 2-door and you can see some of the pics there. If we have time, I will try to get a video demonstration.

rubicrawl

Thank you very mucho but I do want to see it as a safari top and yes taking the windows apart as well

Sent from Moab

rubicon91

Man I have to say I am impressed with it now after seeing these photos. Granted the price point has an ouch factor to it what a great concept. I have always had a soft top but at times would love a hard top. Well this just makes both worlds into 1 for me. At the very least no one is going to cut your side windows and the no zipper aspect is awesome. It also does not look like it cuts out the rear storage space like the trektop does or is that just me looking at these pictures wrong?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you who were asking about price, retail is supposed to be around $1700. Of course, that's full retail and I suspect that you will be able to find it for less.

rubicon91

For those of you who were asking about price, retail is supposed to be around $1700. Of course, that's full retail and I suspect that you will be able to find it for less.

Yikes. I like it a lot just not sure I like it ALOT at that price point. $1300-1400 I could live with especially since that is what a hardtop is going for used.

JKFlyer

this is awesome and thanks so much for posting!!!!!!!!!! price may be high, but far less than i paid for wild boar which leaked like a MOFO and i eventually had to get rid of. luckily wild board made me whole on that purchase. this is great and i was honestly expecting it to be more $$ b/c their twill trektop nx is 12-1300ish i think. i know bestop products wont leak. i called them and its same door surrounds and front design as trektop NX which is very solid and waterproof! jumping up and down!!

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I'm still struggling with the way it looks but it's a great concept for those that like the cosmetics. I just think the sliding windows look like they belong on a 1970's pop up camper

Last edited:

ljvsnyder

I really like it and can't wait to see on in person. I could sell both of my tops buy this and have some walking around money and a back that doesn't hurt after removing it to go naked. If fiat doesn't offer a top like this as a standard top i would be amazed.

So does this top have the straps that go around the sound bar?

Last edited:

afbond03

I am pretty much sold. I would like to see how quickly it can all come off and be installed though, especially the "frame" pieces. Anyone around PHX, AZ looking for a hard top....:yup:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
We did get a demonstration on the 2-door and you can see some of the pics there. If we have time, I will try to get a video demonstration.

Would love to see the video. I do like my soft top but I was lazy and did not use the "lube" now the zippers just piss me off!

Top Bottom