2014 SEMA Dynatrac/AAM Revolutionary NEW Aluminum Axles

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the 2014 SEMA Show, Dynatrac teamed up with AAM to engineer and develop a revolutionary set of NEW aluminum axle concept. The idea behind it was to see how far they could push the envelope of axle design in terms of weigh savings, strength and innovation. Utilizing a Tracrite GTL helical-gear limited slip/electric locker differential, they've been able to create a first ever smartphone, app driven controller that allows you to operate your lockers. Crazy enough, the app will even allow you to operate your winch and transfer case as well. Check it out as well as some new EVO bling :D

DSC03897.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

DSC03899.jpg

DSC03900.jpg

DSC03901.jpg

DSC03902.jpg

DSC03903.jpg

DSC03904.jpg

DSC03905.jpg

DSC03906.jpg

DSC03907.jpg

DSC03908.jpg

DSC03909.jpg

DSC03910.jpg

DSC03911.jpg

DSC03912.jpg

DSC03913.jpg

DSC03914.jpg

DSC03915.jpg

DSC03916.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
x3. no need for an aluminum axle but it is cool to see the envelope being pushed :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For what it's worth, I doubt this axle will ever be made and sold. It was a "concept" intended to explore new ideas. For those of you who don't know, AAM is the company that developed the electronic sway bar disconnect on the Jeep JK Wrangler. It's through concepts like this that the future of innovated products are born. :yup:

jeeeep

Hooked
I like the idea of aluminum, especially for weight savings and more so if they're just as strong. Anodized to any color would be awesome, I'd run them.

What wheels are those? ATX?

CZEBJKU

Have they said what the weight difference is? Since it is aluminum can you get it anodized in different colors? :thinking:

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Very cool to see new technology and existing limits get pushed. That said, I think the housing looks like a Cylon and I keep waiting for a follow-up pic of Muffit the Daggit to come stumbling around the corner.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Very cool to see new technology and existing limits get pushed. That said, I think the housing looks like a Cylon and I keep waiting for a follow-up pic of Muffit the Daggit to come stumbling around the corner.

By your command :cheesy:

Top Bottom