2014 SEMA Bilstein Currie JKRK IFS Jeep Pick-Up

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the 2014 SEMA Show, Bilstein had an IFS Jeep JK-8 owned by Currie and is called the JKRK. Not everyday that you see a Jeep with a IFS but, this one was real nice.

DSC05039.jpg

DSC05040.jpg

DSC05041.jpg

DSC05021.jpg

DSC05022.jpg

DSC05023.jpg

DSC05024.jpg

DSC05025.jpg

DSC05026.jpg

DSC05027.jpg

DSC05028.jpg

DSC05029.jpg

DSC05030.jpg

DSC05031.jpg

DSC05032.jpg

DSC05033.jpg

DSC05034.jpg

DSC05035.jpg

DSC05036.jpg

DSC05037.jpg

main.php

OhhSeven

Maybe a dumb question but can you get a shot or two from the other side. Most interested in how far the rear lower arm hangs down.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
:eek: Wow that nice! I wonder whats the ride like and off road capabilities, rock crawling etc. :thinking:

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
So do you think this setup would be faster prerunning than the DTD setup? I know that it's designed for it just not sure if it's any faster. Any clues as to what they were running for a ifs diff in the front?

stefanclaes

Hey Eddie, nice coverage at SEMA!

Isn't that the Brenthel IFS design originally made for TrailMods from a few years back?
Like the idea a lot, but have the impression that it makes your wheels stick out of the fender a lot...

Try and get a test drive on this thing man and write a report to us all!

I am sure handeling while driving fast has improved but have my questions on added weight, possible loss of groudclearance in the middle of that "axle" and up-travel?

What do you think Eddie?

Keep on going!
Cheers.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
So do you think this setup would be faster prerunning than the DTD setup? I know that it's designed for it just not sure if it's any faster. Any clues as to what they were running for a ifs diff in the front?

In my opinion, the DTD setup would probably display less shock fade and degragation of performance due to the fact that it uses a coilover and bypass shock at each corner. The limitation is the solid axle setup. While you would loose some performance in the rocks, IFS will track better in the faster stuff and offer a better ride in just about any situation other than rocks (on road, dirt track, whoops, etc). In my opinion, the DTD is the best setup money can buy while still retaining a solid front axle. For me personally, I rarely play in the rocks and love fast desert stuff. If I can get a factory IFS that retains some rock crawling abilities and some decent travel, then Im all for an IFS platform under a Wrangler!

oz-jeep

wondering was this Rear Bilstien bumpstop welded to the outside edge of the chassis? or cut into the chassis?
im ordering new diffs soon and they will be 2.5" wider than stock WMS so thought id get the axel bump stop pads (and upper control arm mounts) tack welded only to see if they could be moved outboard to line up with this type of bump stop. I cant cut into the chassis (frenching i think its called) makes the car unroadworthy where im from.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
wondering was this Rear Bilstien bumpstop welded to the outside edge of the chassis? or cut into the chassis?
im ordering new diffs soon and they will be 2.5" wider than stock WMS so thought id get the axel bump stop pads (and upper control arm mounts) tack welded only to see if they could be moved outboard to line up with this type of bump stop. I cant cut into the chassis (frenching i think its called) makes the car unroadworthy where im from.

Normally they are frenched into the frame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom