Emergency Assistance ?!?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
What seems to be the problem? Do you have a ball Joint press? Maybe throw some pics up. Ball Joints aren't too difficult.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
If the top of your press hits the spring perch, you need to Jack up the jeep higher and let the axle droop more. That helped me. When I did mine, one side went fine and couldn't figure out why the other side wasn't lining up. Jacked it up, and the press lined up better

Last edited:

jims68

To bad your not back in Minot, I'd come help you out! How's the rest of your trip been? As stated the one side takes a little manipulation. If I remember correct the angle wasn't the best either but it did work. Good luck!

olram30

Looks like you need to let the side your doing droop more. Your c press is at a weird angle.

olram30

Also, ditch the plastic guides on your shafts. All they'll do is push dirt and dust towards your seals.

Rebel JK

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415243274.484047.jpg
This is what combination didnt work for me. But as said above you may need more droop to fit your breaker bar or impact. I wrestled that same match a few months ago.

Last edited:

olram30

Another thing I would do is put rubber hose over the threads to protect them. I wish I knew that trick, I bent a thread and had to repair.

Rebel JK

Sorry brother that last pic was the exit round of the old ball joint. I think once I had the new unit 75% in, and after I broke my favorite 1/2" drive ratchet I "gently" drove it home with the socket and hammer.

olram30

Best picture I have. I had the Jack stand by the control arm mount on the frame and let it hang. No pictures of the adapters I used. It's like a puzzle.

Attachments

• 1415244853844.jpg
    1415244853844.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 103
Don't you need the angled adapter to be able to press the top one in ?
I can't remember, but the one piece we needed was missing from the kit.

Well finally got the upper ball joint pressed in, right side done now I need to sleep off my headache and soreness lol. Tomorrow will be the left side.

Top Bottom