2012 JK-Experience Heartland Tour : Day 4 - Jeep Plant Tour

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Day 4 - Jeep Plant Tour
Being in Ohio, I think there there must have been some kind of a calling to our Jeeps... a calling to come visit their place of birth. And, as if by destiny, that's exactly where Day 4 of the 2012 JK-Experience would take us to - the Toledo Automotive Complex. Now, I should point out that public tours of the Jeep plant isn't something that Chrysler typically does or even allows for that matter and the fact that we got to go at all was really amazing. Unfortunately, the only hitch was that only half our group would be allowed to go so.

Would you look at that, a parking area just for us...
main.php

main.php

Although it was designed to highlight increases in productivity and safety and geared more for upper management, the slide show we were presented was.... welll, interesting...
main.php

As we made our way through the plant, we were again presented with conceptual flow charts and diagrams showing steps taken to improve productivity...
main.php

main.php

Of course, what we really wanted to see was this!!
main.php

Some more illustrations and presentation boards...
main.php

And, oh man, I can't keep my eyes off this color - Commando Green rocks!!
main.php

More graphs and diagrams...
main.php

And NO WAY!! This is a right hand drive JK with a diesel motor...
main.php

Here are some more charts showing how they've been able to mitage a potential recall issue...
main.php

And oh man, that platform automatically raised the level of the JK to make it easier to work on...
main.php

And this JK's body is just about to be lowered onto a frame...
main.php

And this one just came together...
main.php

And, and, and - fortunately, the gal in charge knew full well that we were all way too distracted with what we were seeing to be interested in upper management presentations and pushed things along to show us the cool stuff...
main.php

main.php

Just like Disneyland...
main.php

main.php

Time for a group shot...
main.php

Seriously??
main.php

After a great tour, we were given permission to drive up on the lawn and take a few pics by the Jeep sign...
main.php

main.php

Moby, EVO1 and Vengeance palling around...
main.php

main.php

One last solo shot...
main.php

On our way out, we stopped over at the old Overland plant site and posed for a pic by the last remant of it - a tall brick smoke stack bearing its name...
main.php

Continuing our trek north...
main.php

Making a quick stop in the better part of Detroit - LOL...
main.php

Ummm, should someone stay behind and keep watch?
main.php

Time to do some shopping...
main.php

After a long drive, we finally arrived at our destination for the night - Silver Lake...
main.php

Wow, rooms with a view...
main.php

And what they were seeing...
main.php

Hanging out by the water and enjoying the setting sun...
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Oh yeah, it's beer-30...
main.php

main.php

Cue the Jaws theme song only replace the shark with these guys....
main.php

Hey punk, you want a piece of me??
main.php

It's dinner time!!
main.php

main.php

Lisa and Teressa - two gals making all this possible for us...
main.php

Click on the link below to see more photos from our first day on the 2012 JK-Experience:

Day 5/Part 1 - Silver Lake Sand Dunes

:cool:

jktubby

Man those presentations seem so interesting, how many of you were alseepp through them? I can imagine now how my life is going to be in business haha jk. Everything else seems interesting and glad the lady finally got it through her head and let you all explore.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man those presentations seem so interesting, how many of you were alseepp through them? I can imagine now how my life is going to be in business haha jk. Everything else seems interesting and glad the lady finally got it through her head and let you all explore.

:cheesy: actually, the gal in charge got it right from the get go and was pressuring her colleagues to move it along the whole time. i think she was almost kind of embarrased that they didn't have a tour geared more for the public.

Top Bottom