2014 SEMA Wheelen Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is a Jeep JK Wrangler that a company called Wheelen brought with them to the 2014 SEMA Show.

DSC04516.jpg

DSC04517.jpg

DSC04518.jpg

DSC04519.jpg

DSC04521.jpg

DSC04522.jpg

DSC04523.jpg

DSC04524.jpg

DSC04525.jpg

DSC04526.jpg

DSC04527.jpg

spinuck

Seems weird that they put tabs for lights at the base of the a-pillar but not lights. Not that they need anymore lights....

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Interesting. When I was a cop, alot of our light bars, mounts etc were made by Wheelen. I guess they are trying to get a piece of the JK market now that Law Enforcement agencies are using them?

Jackal01

Correct spelling is "Whelen" but pronounced "Wee-Len", pretty much how it is spelled in the thread title.

They are a major player in emergency vehicle lighting. They have had LED scene lighting for many years and I assume they are wanting to get into the offroad world because of it. I guess they are also trying to showcase emergency lighting with PD/FD/EMS that use 4x4s like border patrol, mountain communities/towns, etc. Their show vehicle isn't very interesting though. If you ever see their demo vehicles that are just as impressive as some of these JKs are but in the emergency vehicle world.

The fire trucks we have at my station have Whelen scene lighting, along with all other lighting, and personally I like it more than Rigid. Just stupid bright.

Last edited:
Top Bottom