Rigid Industries Dually Pillar Brackets

samIam007

I installed some Rigid Dually spots on a pair of rigid pillar brackets and it looks like they are aimed inward too much. So much that the beams cross over right in front of the hood. The brackets lack any lateral adjustment. I bought the more expensive brackets because I thought they would be better overall. Has anyone else had this issue?

lights1.JPG lights2.JPG lights3.JPG

2013CGJKU

I installed some Rigid Dually spots on a pair of rigid pillar brackets and it looks like they are aimed inward too much. So much that the beams cross over right in front of the hood. The brackets lack any lateral adjustment. I bought the more expensive brackets because I thought they would be better overall. Has anyone else had this issue?

View attachment 109239 View attachment 109240 View attachment 109241

I have no idea what these things look like, or if it's even possible to do, but could they be on the wrong side?

Levi
2013 CG JKU

samIam007

QUOTE=2013CGJKU;400433]I have no idea what these things look like, or if it's even possible to do, but could they be on the wrong side?

Levi
2013 CG JKU[/QUOTE]

That was my first thought but the bracket can only be mounted one way becasue of the bolt holes and shape of the brackets.
lights closeup.jpg [

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i believe rigid makes them like that since the lights are suppose to be the spot pattern up there. so they may be preaimed for you to acheive the greatest distance? its the only logic i can see behind them have them angled in like that

samIam007

i believe rigid makes them like that since the lights are suppose to be the spot pattern up there. so they may be preaimed for you to acheive the greatest distance? its the only logic i can see behind them have them angled in like that

It is a good theory but they point/meet about 25ft infront of the Jeep.

SilverBack

Maybe the lights themselves are directionally biased and are on the On the wrong sides.. Just a thought as I have yet to mount mine because I haven't taken delivery of my jeep yet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

samIam007

Also a good theory but both of the lights are visibly turned inward. Nothing in the literature nor the interwebs states that these lights are directionally biased.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hard to tell from the dark/blurry pics, but they look like the same design as the ones BDF made (before they were acquired by Rigid, or at least the guy started working for Rigid) and the ones I have. The brackets go into the sides of the light and there is no way to aim them. If you want them facing more forward, your best bet is to try to massage them into position. Other than that call Rigid and see if it is by design or if you have a defect. Good luck!

you should be able to loosen the two side bolts and the twist the light and tighten down while twisting. I am pretty sure there is a very small amount of adjustment unless they changed the design

jeff_in_rc

On my Ridgid's there is a mounting bolt at the bottom and all I need to do is twist the light the direction I want it to go.
I take it yours does not do this? Is it somehow bolted directly to the mount with no way to move it side to side?

samIam007

These brackets have mounting points that fit between the fins on the bottom. There is vertical adjustment but no lateral adjustment with these brackets.

Northridge4x4, what you are describing is exactly what I did when I first installed them. There is just too little to get them aimed down the road. I did not realize how far they are off until I fired them up with only one cover and it shot to the opposite side of the road.

Yeep

Mine are the same way.. But my lights cross quite a bit farther out than 25 feet. (Using hyperspot d2's)

I would do a couple of things.

Take a picture of the beam and call rigid.

or

Twist harder and see if you can get them to move more. You may want to loose the bracket from the windshield and adjust there also

samIam007

I would do a couple of things.

Take a picture of the beam and call rigid.

or

Twist harder and see if you can get them to move more. You may want to loose the bracket from the windshield and adjust there also

I think I am going to call Rigid on this one.

Yeep

Does this give you a hot spot in dusty situations? I worry that where the beams cross there will be a hot spot.

Yes there is a small hot spot in dust, but I also have a couple amber light bars that I usually use in this situation and just use the pillar lights in slow speed or wide open areas

Top Bottom