2014 SEMA Smittybilt Jeep JK Wrangler Atlas

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another brand of Transamerica (4WheelParts) is Smittybilt and they released multiple new products at the 2014 SEMA Show and most of it was featured on a Jeep JK Wrangler called the Atlas. Here you can see general shots of their new bumpers, roof top tent, fridge and generator.

DSC05582.jpg

DSC05584.jpg

DSC05585.jpg

DSC05586.jpg

DSC05572.jpg

DSC05574.jpg

DSC05577.jpg

DSC05578.jpg

DSC05580.jpg

DSC05581.jpg

hbkid22

I know not everyone is a fan of SmittyBilt but is that trail rack made by Smittybilt or is it another brand on their tire carrier? I only ask because I have a Smittybilt on the Jeep (as it came with it) and cant find a rack that fits their tire carrier....Would like to know if it will work.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'm not a fan of Smittybuilt products either, but it is nice to have options for stuff like this. If it is decently made and at a fair price point that is. I hope they don't try to charge ARB and Engel prices for their stuff.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Some of their stuff I think is pretty nice, especially considering the pricepoint. The Atlas rear bumper is very slick, is actually tow certified (something most bumpers using their own hitches can't claim) and it looks awesome. Interested to read reviews on their fridge. I know the ARB unit is the pinnacle, but it's always nice to see competition.

Benny

There's a rumor and pics going around on Facebook that shows the Teraflex tire carrier on the Smittybilt's product wall. They put the Smittybilt badge right over the Teraflex logo.

ljvsnyder

I have smittybilt src bumper and side steps and both are well built. Powder coating could be better. I have been waiting on the src gen2. Supposed to retail at $599

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Some of their stuff I think is pretty nice, especially considering the pricepoint. The Atlas rear bumper is very slick, is actually tow certified (something most bumpers using their own hitches can't claim) and it looks awesome. Interested to read reviews on their fridge. I know the ARB unit is the pinnacle, but it's always nice to see competition.

Hang on a sec, the ARB fridge is actually made by Engel and they are made in the USA. I looked and this fridge is made in China.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There's a rumor and pics going around on Facebook that shows the Teraflex tire carrier on the Smittybilt's product wall. They put the Smittybilt badge right over the Teraflex logo.

The rumors are true and it cracks me up to no end how angry the TeraFlex fanboys are over it. Fact of the matter is, these are ALL made in China and the from the same manufacturer. What's sad is that people used to get upset that Chinese companies would rip off American made products. Now you have fanboys upset that their China crap is being ripped off by another China crap company :crazyeyes:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Does Smittybuild make Pith helmets? Because depending on the price I may just have to get me a RRT and awning for next summer.

:cheesy:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Hang on a sec, the ARB fridge is actually made by Engel and they are made in the USA. I looked and this fridge is made in China.

I was about to say, that maybe this fridge is like $199 vs the ARB's $800, but your follow-up post tells me they have gone full retard. I can't imagine ANYONE buying this over the ARB.

hbkid22

Any word on the trail rack? Would be nice to be able to add that versus replace the whole rear but still might.

MarkW13

My experience with smittybilt has been pretty good. The body armor on my yj has taken a beating and held up pretty well. I'll buy an arb fridge for that price. Smittybilt is usually about price point. They are way off the mark.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Here are a few more shots of the fridge... for those who are interested. :D

View attachment 109620

View attachment 109621

View attachment 109622

Ok, we all agree on two things...

1) The ARB is considered the best of the best.

2) Since we all think they are batsh!t crazy with the price, and that no one will buy it over the ARB, surely the guys at Smittybilt corporate know this as well, especially when ARB makes their product in the USA and they make it in China....so...given that you own the ARB and have seen/read about this one.....do you see something here that gives it an edge over the ARB (put the made in China thing aside for a moment)....I just can't fathom an exec sitting there in a boardroom saying "ok guys, lets make a fridge, in China, and sell it for more money than the best fridge currently on the market."

Surely this thing must have some selling point that MAY sway someone to it over the ARB......or are they really that crazy?

P.S. Is the ARB really made in the USA, or is it made in the USA like rigid lights are made in the USA?

Top Bottom