Wave from El Paso TX

jmsuitter

Hello everyone on the forum. I did have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler 4 DR Sport White. I sold it awhile back which i regret in the process of getting another one soon hopefully. I would like to get a 2014 Rubicon 4 DR. I alrrady have plans to strengthen the Dana 44s and change gears to 4.88 and get 37s with an AEV 4.5 lift. Currently driving a 03 Toyota Tacoma with a 6 in lift and 35s on 18 inch rims. Its a great truck but its not a JEEP. Lol. Got the wife addicted to Jeeps and offroading so she is looking forward to getting a new one too.

Sent from my SM-N900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Welcome to the forum. I was born and raised in las cruces. Use to go to el paso quite often.

jmsuitter

Thanks all. Anyone know good places to wheel in el paso ive been to red sands and the wall. Wheeling my toyota and my wifes nissian frontier Pro4x for now.

lmarti001

Just left El Paso a few months ago. If you head up towards Alamogordo, NM you can get up into the Lincoln national forest. Went camping up there at 8500 ft. It was awesome. Gila national forest is also awesome.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Thanks all. Anyone know good places to wheel in el paso ive been to red sands and the wall. Wheeling my toyota and my wifes nissian frontier Pro4x for now.

Welcome,

I know of the Doña Ana trails in las cruces, and the area where they do the chile challenge has some easier stuff, also in las cruces. The Doña Ana trails are easy with a few obstacles depending on which route you take. I went once in with some friends in a stock JKU Sahara and second time with the same jeep and a stock '11 Tacoma, he had a locker. When I went to the other location where they have the chile challenge I went with a group of modified TJ's another JK and an old Cherokee, I was in my stock JKUR there were some things that I didn't attempt but for the most part I was able to get through everything, with a little tug at times. The group that I went with last year went again this year and says the rain has made the easier trails more difficult and recommended 35"+ tires for future runs. I've never made it to the SAC but there are some trails back there and I live in El Paso for 22 year and never found out where the wall was. I've also heard of pretty good trails out towards Waco tanks, and some canyons on the other side of Montana near red sands.

jmsuitter

The wall is just sand and trails off of artcraft on the right going to santa teresa. Or at least thats what i call the wall.

Top Bottom