Cut Fenders and Pinch seams

FastZach

So I have 3.5" RK lift on my JKUR and just put 37" Nitto TG and also cut the fenders. When the rear tires travel up they hit the pinch seams in the back.. How can i cut these and how much can I cut off?? Pictures are greatly appreciated. Thanks

pvanweelden

Angle grinder with cut wheel disc, just need to get rid of the point basically, paint afterwards.
1415381510073.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I took 1 inch off the bottom and two inches up to make my line to cut. I used a sawsall to cut mine. If you go to you tube you can search for Jk pinch seam trim. I used JB Weld to fill the void. I will see about taking some pic later. I am also running 35's so you may have to adjust your diminsions a little to fit the 37's.

Here is a member asking the same question as a reference.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?6520-pinch-seam-trim

Last edited:

SJ21XDC

So I have 3.5" RK lift on my JKUR and just put 37" Nitto TG and also cut the fenders. When the rear tires travel up they hit the pinch seams in the back.. How can i cut these and how much can I cut off?? Pictures are greatly appreciated. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Angle grinder with cut off wheel or sawzall both work. Just mark, cut & fill with JB weld. Here's where I cut mine. (10-22-14) 4.jpg (10-22-14) 2.jpg (10-22-14) 3.jpg (10-22-14) 10.jpg (10-22-14) 11.jpg (10-23-14) 4.jpg

Top Bottom