Please help with Level Kit install....

trailless

Caught the Bug
I'm running into a problem. I can't seem to get the axle to droop enough for me to get the new springs in place.

I've disconnected the sway bar links from the axle. Please help!!!!

trailless

Caught the Bug
OK so by using my floor jack and lifting one side at a time I got the springs in.

But I might have done something stupid... how do I get the back in the right spot?

1415403575185.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

trailless

Caught the Bug
How would I go about pulling it 9ver with ratchet strap?

trailless

Caught the Bug
I'm so close but I just can't seem to get it there...

1415404285118.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Jack up the other side, turn the wheel, put weight on the other side. Movement in the jeep with move the track bar.

Jack up the other side, turn the wheel, put weight on the other side. Movement in the jeep with move the track bar.

Yep....exactly. Turning the steering wheel will shift it over. Have a friend turn the steering wheel while your under there, and slip the bolt in once its in alignment.....

trailless

Caught the Bug
A little bit of what everyone said and I got it. Thanks!! I'll probably be back with some other question in a bit.

1415404840952.jpg

trailless

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to go torque them down.

Got everything back together! I didn't install the rear pucks but I think I like how it sits now.

Thanks for all your help guys! First this forum gets me to do my very first oil change ever and now I changed the springs... next up, frame stretch, I think I got this!!! :D

trailless

Caught the Bug
I got the EVO level kit. I only installed the front springs for now. In a couple days I'll see if I want to install the rear pucks.

I drove a few miles to the gas station and I want to say that it's smoother. I purposely went for all the man holes and its about the same as stock on the larger bumps but on the smaller bumps its definitely smoother.

1415408709144.jpg

1415408723529.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom