Shock recommendation and opinions on 4in Evo plush coils

projectMMTB

What are the best all around shocks in yalls opinion? I was looking at a few but wanted to here some opinions before I dropped any $$$.
I'm willing to spend some money but don't wanna spend as much as kings. I'm looking for good ride quality and just as good off-road capability
And does anyone have experience with the Evo plush ride coils ?
Doin a lot of overhaulin on the rig-
Just ordered walker Evans wheels and 37" trail graps

Many run Rancho 9000's w/ the plush rides. The 7000's are also a great shock if you need a little better performance.

Good luck ..

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Lol just about everyone here runs the plush rides and loves them! You will not be disappointed!

For shocks if you can afford the Evo spec kings they will pair up prob the best with the plush rides. If your on a budget then look at the Rancho rs9000's or Bilstein 5100 or 5160 shocks

jfallon1

I have the Bilstein 5100's and I can't complain. Going to try out the plush rides soon and see what all the craze is about.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I run the Rancho 9000xl adjustables and while they are nice, if you want shocks that ride nice without needing to dial in the ride, get the Rancho 7000's.

And as far as the plush rides go, they will not disappoint. Best coils I've run yet.

projectMMTB

I run the Rancho 9000xl adjustables and while they are nice, if you want shocks that ride nice without needing to dial in the ride, get the Rancho 7000's.

And as far as the plush rides go, they will not disappoint. Best coils I've run yet.

What's the difference between the 9000x and 9000xl?

QRS

I have the plush rides paired with the Rancho 9000s and I have to say just good things about it. The good is that you can set the shocks depending if you are towing, off-roading, city-driving...

Like some have already mentioned, if you can't stand to be dialing the shocks, get the Rancho 7000s they ride better on washboards too.

I had the stock suspension, then the Rancho sport lift kit with front coils, nicer ride than stock. Finally, I got the plush rides and can't complain at all. Daily driver and shocks set to 4-5.

Also, you can pair the plush rides with the bilsteins from ORE, I have heard before these are specifically valved for the JK. Been on the fence for these for a couple of months now.

Top Bottom