Coil spacers added to lifted jeep????

Aldonoward3

Has anyone lifted their jeep and then later on, added coil spacers along with the lift to achieve greater height and tire fitment?

Dune Crawler

Some kits come like this so it's alright if that's your question. The bigger issue is if you go higher will you need new driveshaft,CA's,etc.

-Nicco

Aldonoward3

I am running a Trailmaster 3.5 coil spring lift with front LCAs and I netted 5" front and 4" rear. My new winch bumper should lower the front about a half inch as it weighs only 61 pounds.

I want to add 2" coil spacers so that I can comfortably clear 37s and have that nice stance and clearance.

My gf is buying me all adjustable control arms for Christmas.

I may be wrong but I think the front drive shaft will be the iffy one to start but I'll be going tom woods soon.

I am running a Trailmaster 3.5 coil spring lift with front LCAs and I netted 5" front and 4" rear. My new winch bumper should lower the front about a half inch as it weighs only 61 pounds.

I want to add 2" coil spacers so that I can comfortably clear 37s and have that nice stance and clearance.

My gf is buying me all adjustable control arms for Christmas.

I may be wrong but I think the front drive shaft will be the iffy one to start but I'll be going tom woods soon.

imo, i had 35s on with no and my flat fenders. im sure you will clear 37s just fine with the 3.5 on your rig. best thing i think is to run it and see how it goes. ive heard of guys here who started off with a budget boost and 37s and didnt have issues.

JKWrang

Honestly i wouldnt add to the lift if you net 4.5" up front (the original 5 and then the .5 drop)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dune Crawler

Any pictures of what your working with now? Fender to tire gap. 2" spacer would put you around 6-7". That's a lot of lift

-Nicco

rosst192

Assuming you're running 35s, I would trim the fenders and make sure you have the right bump stops before putting spacers on. It looks like that would let you clear 37s comfortably while keeping your center of gravity lower.
I'm in the same situation, not sure what to look for in the way of correct bump stops?

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm in the same situation, not sure what to look for in the way of correct bump stops?

Lotsa choices. I was thinkin the same thing:banghead:

The rule of thumb for bump stops to to get them the same length as how much lift your running. So if you are running a 3" lift you want 2.5" or 3" bump stops to prevent the shocks from bottoming out and your coils from over compressing

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The rule of thumb for bump stops to to get them the same length as how much lift your running. So if you are running a 3" lift you want 2.5" or 3" bump stops to prevent the shocks from bottoming out and your coils from over compressing

Yup, what he said ^^^. Ideally, you want about the same amount of bump stop extension as you have lift as this will help to prevent your coils from over-compressing (squashing down to the point where they do not return to their original height).

Yup, what he said ^^^. Ideally, you want about the same amount of bump stop extension as you have lift as this will help to prevent your coils from over-compressing (squashing down to the point where they do not return to their original height).

Im running 2.5" coil lift, so im assuming some 2" evo bumps would be right? Also, is the a difference between "spacers" and "extensions"? Obviously i should have done it when i put the lift on as im now gonna have to pull thr springs again, but that wouldve made too much sense. :banghead:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Im running 2.5" coil lift, so im assuming some 2" evo bumps would be right? Also, is the a difference between "spacers" and "extensions"? Obviously i should have done it when i put the lift on as im now gonna have to pull thr springs again, but that wouldve made too much sense. :banghead:

Yes, you should be fine with them and they would be extensions.

So wuth a 2.5 inch lift, do i need new rear stops as well? And whats different between upper and lower?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So wuth a 2.5 inch lift, do i need new rear stops as well? And whats different between upper and lower?

yes you will. you should get axle side bump stops for the rear and for the front you can get axle side as well or get upper extensions. both will do the job.

yes you will. you should get axle side bump stops for the rear and for the front you can get axle side as well or get upper extensions. both will do the job.

Thanks Coz. Saved my xmas list from failure. Lol. I had picked out lower rear but then i saw the sold both so i started thinking i better ask somebody who knows for sure.

Top Bottom