Bullhead, AZ 11/28-11/29

Krieger

For Thanksgiving this year my family and I are going out to Bullhead. While we're there, I would love to show them what the hills around Bullhead and Laughlin have to offer. We are going to do one trail on Friday 11/28, and one on Saturday 11/29. Both of the trails that I have in mind are rated as moderate to difficult.

On Friday, I'm thinking of doing the Moss mine to Pass Canyon loop, it's about a 20 mile loop. We are going to get started at 11:00 am, here at this dropped pin:
3001-3015 Silvercreek Rd., Bullhead City AZ 86442

And for Saturday, I was planning on going out to the town of Chloride to run the chloride mine loop trail, it is almost 18 miles long, and is just under 48 miles from Bullhead. This is a really cool trail with countless old mines and some really cool murals by Roy Parcell from 1966. They have been restored and are a definite must see. There are also several mines along the trail that have much to see. It should be fun.
Chloride mine loop trail will probably take a decent chunk of the day, and has a small Boulder field that makes it "difficult" but after that, it's just fire road. I'll be at the McDonald's parking lot at 7:00am on Saturday, we'd love for you to join us. McDonald address is 600 Highway 95 Bullhead City, AZ 86429-5007
And here's a map pic... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415576801.504138.jpg

If you do join us, please make sure to bring food and water and the other usual items. It may be cold, so be sure to bring warm clothing/jackets etc. as well.

Stock Jeeps should be fine for both trails, rocker guards are recommended. Hope to see you there.

Going:
1. Krieger
2. NV375 for Saturday

Maybe:
Saddle Tramp

Last edited:

NAUJK

Id love to! but I dont think Ill be able to swing it with family flying in from across the country. If things change though I will let you know! Looks like a lot of fun!

SaddleTramp

Krieger, put me down as a definite maybe.

Love to make this if it works out with the family plans that weekend. I should know for sure in the coming week or so.

Thanks for posting up and the invite.

NV375

Sounds like like a maybe for us, especially if we can meet near Chloride. We will be in Kingman that weekend.

Edit: This maybe is for Saturday only. Friday is family feast day. I bet we have turkey sandwiches with us on Saturday.

Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

cbetts

Sounds like fun! The only trail I have done out that way is Sleeping Princess. LINKY

I really enjoyed wheeling in that part of the country. I look forward to reading the post-trip report. Take a lot of pics!

Krieger

Sounds like like a maybe for us, especially if we can meet near Chloride. We will be in Kingman that weekend.

Edit: This maybe is for Saturday only. Friday is family feast day. I bet we have turkey sandwiches with us on Saturday.

Sure we could meet at Chloride. I'll update the list.

NV375

Move us to the going list for Saturday. The wife and I will be there, not sure if we will have anyone in the backseat.

Krieger

Move us to the going list for Saturday. The wife and I will be there, not sure if we will have anyone in the backseat.

That's great, I'll update the list. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

jelliott076

Bummer!! I'd love to join you guys for this one but I'm going to be in Ft. Benning from the 28th to 21st. Hopefully next time you get a trip together, I will be free. I'm down in Phoenix/Glendale which is close to everything.

Krieger

It's time for a desert adventure!
Today's the day to hit the road.
I'm really looking forward to this ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416936309.262364.jpg
And a whole lot of this ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416936357.365798.jpg

Last edited:

SaddleTramp

Just seeing if you all are still doing the Chloride run this Saturday and what the meetup plan, place and time is?

We'd love to join Saturday, we'd be driving in from the Vegas side that morning so can meet at the turnoff or whatever works. Let me know, thanks guys. Scott

Krieger

Just seeing if you all are still doing the Chloride run this Saturday and what the meetup plan, place and time is?

We'd love to join Saturday, we'd be driving in from the Vegas side that morning so can meet at the turnoff or whatever works. Let me know, thanks guys. Scott

We can just meet in Chloride at 9:00 if that works.

Top Bottom