Replacement U joints....

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So I was bored and was plowing through all the WAYALIFE videos in the feature film section, and watched the Maple Honey film...and realize I roll around alone a lot, and don't have spare u joints. So, doing a little searching, it seems there are two options really....the OEM Dana units or Spicer joints. Figured if I ever break my OEM one, I'd like the new one to be the strongest possible...any thoughts? Also, I have a 2014 Rubi....are the ujoints all the same or does the rubi have a specific one?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What u joint? Axle shaft or driveshaft? Just get what you can non serviceable for the axle shaft. I don't en know if spicer makes one for the Jk.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
What u joint? Axle shaft or driveshaft? Just get what you can non serviceable for the axle shaft. I don't en know if spicer makes one for the Jk.

Good question. I guess I should have a spare for both. I guess I'll just get the OEM Dana units, just wanted to know if there was something stronger.

jeeeep

Hooked
Good question. I guess I should have a spare for both. I guess I'll just get the OEM Dana units, just wanted to know if there was something stronger.
oem are spicer, just be sure to check the number, when I bought mine there were two versions with the same number, newer had an extra digit i can't remember. the older u-joint has a thicker center body and does not fit the newer shafts

sjd78

Are you guys finding the 5-7166x Spicer joints at your local auto parts stores or buying them online?

pvanweelden

I had to get mine online, I couldn't find anyone that stocked them the day I needed them but as I said above, check around, It really is hit or miss on the rubi u joints. Make sure they are the larger u joint, as anyone will have the non rubi u joint in stock, just not necessarily Spicer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom