LCA skids

jkuone

So apparently I can't pick good lines when in the rocks to save my ass, ha..Iam looking into EVO
LCA skids front/ rear. anyone using these ? If so how are they taking abuse ? Thanks....

TheDuff

Control arm skids are always helpful. Evo mfg rock star skids are also great.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkuone

Yeah the rear ones are really takin a beating. One flange on left rear is bent in pretty good,
I noticed EVO's are 3/16 thick Artec is 1/4" not sure if that really matters though.....

k8ytree

I bought the Evo ones with c gussets and an Artec truss for my D30. The EVO ones fit real loose and had to fill them with weld. Buy the whole kit if you have the funds. Totally worth it.

KingCopperhead

So apparently I can't pick good lines when in the rocks to save my ass, ha..Iam looking into EVO
LCA skids front/ rear. anyone using these ? If so how are they taking abuse ? Thanks....

I have clayton HD lca brackets with skids on my soon to be replaced dana 30. I wheeled my stock brackets with no skids and bent em so badly I had to replace the whole bracket.

Just tested them out last weekend, I'm relatively new to rock crawling and I beat them up and they did their job. Nothing bent out of shape, very sturdy. The evo skids I've seen in person and they are stout. Aside from the skid protection they provide, the skid creates a boxed structure on your lca bracket which makes the whole thing that much more beefy. If I could start over, the lca skids would be my first mod.

Top Bottom