Problems returning to stock ride height?

Devallee

I'm currently running a 3" lift but am planning on going another route with my build. Until coilovers are an option, I'd like to return my Jeep back to stock ride height or use a leveling kit. I want to keep it as low as possible while fitting 35s and still keeping it somewhat functional (more of a speed/fire road/get sideways kinda guy vs big rock crawling) Here's my first issue... I'm running the evo drag link flip kit. Is it possible to return to stock height with that on there? I'm assuming I can't go back to a stock drag link setup since I drilled out the knuckle for the flip kit am I correct? If so, it seems like I'm stuck with the ride I have until I'm ready for a new axle (which is at the top of my list anyways)? Issue 2...IF I can return to stock with said issue, what exactly would I have to trim to make the 35s fit properly outside of the pinch seam and rubbing which are both already accounted for? Any input is good input. Thanks in advance.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm currently running a 3" lift but am planning on going another route with my build. Until coilovers are an option, I'd like to return my Jeep back to stock ride height or use a leveling kit. I want to keep it as low as possible while fitting 35s and still keeping it somewhat functional (more of a speed/fire road/get sideways kinda guy vs big rock crawling) Here's my first issue... I'm running the evo drag link flip kit. Is it possible to return to stock height with that on there? I'm assuming I can't go back to a stock drag link setup since I drilled out the knuckle for the flip kit am I correct? If so, it seems like I'm stuck with the ride I have until I'm ready for a new axle (which is at the top of my list anyways)? Issue 2...IF I can return to stock with said issue, what exactly would I have to trim to make the 35s fit properly outside of the pinch seam and rubbing which are both already accounted for? Any input is good input. Thanks in advance.

yes you will be able to remove the drag link flip and put it back to stock. you wouldnt be able to run at stock height with the flip still on.

you will need to trim your fenders (if you havent already) and maybe just a little bit longer bump stops up front and back to help limit the amount you would rub at full flex.

This is just a thought but have you looked at getting a new knuckle?

On the drag link flip did you remove the stock mounting point for the stock trackbar?

What lift are you running?

Are you going to sell any of the pieces?

R/
Will

Devallee

yes you will be able to remove the drag link flip and put it back to stock. you wouldnt be able to run at stock height with the flip still on.

you will need to trim your fenders (if you havent already) and maybe just a little bit longer bump stops up front and back to help limit the amount you would rub at full flex.

I would be running fenderless in the rear and trimmed up front, and I figured I'd need some bump stop extensions so thank you for confirming that. There wouldn't be any wiggle room with the bigger hole in the knuckle tho?

Sent from my SM-G900T using WAYALIFE mobile app

Devallee

This is just a thought but have you looked at getting a new knuckle?

On the drag link flip did you remove the stock mounting point for the stock trackbar?

What lift are you running?

Are you going to sell any of the pieces?

R/
Will

I didn't know you could get a new knuckle, but is it a reasonable option price wise for an axle I'll probably be replacing in the next 8 months?

I'm running evo 3" Springs and Rubicon express shocks. Stock control arms and everything else. Trackbar mounting point is still there, the trackbar is just relocated up with the flip kit.

And yes I'd be selling the flip kit and the 3" plush rides if I end up going this route which would be in the next month or two. Just trying to figure out what I'm getting myself into first

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would be running fenderless in the rear and trimmed up front, and I figured I'd need some bump stop extensions so thank you for confirming that. There wouldn't be any wiggle room with the bigger hole in the knuckle tho?

nope. the drag link flip utilizes an OEM RHD drag link so you are drilling out the top of the knuckle to same size as the lower part of the knuckle so you should be fine.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I didn't know you could get a new knuckle, but is it a reasonable option price wise for an axle I'll probably be replacing in the next 8 months?

I'm running evo 3" Springs and Rubicon express shocks. Stock control arms and everything else. Trackbar mounting point is still there, the trackbar is just relocated up with the flip kit.

And yes I'd be selling the flip kit and the 3" plush rides if I end up going this route which would be in the next month or two. Just trying to figure out what I'm getting myself into first

if you do sell the 3" plush rides i would be interested

Devallee

nope. the drag link flip utilizes an OEM RHD drag link so you are drilling out the top of the knuckle to same size as the lower part of the knuckle so you should be fine.

So all I would need to do is find an OEM LHD drag link and throw it back in its original position correct?

So all I would need to do is find an OEM LHD drag link and throw it back in its original position correct?

Give Drew@Offroadeveolution and see if they have any stock ones in the shop they can sell.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

yup. crown will have them or you can call drew@ore like canvas said and see if he has any lhd drag links available which im sure he does

Devallee

You guys are great thanks for the help. I'll let you guys know when the parts are for sale so you'll be first in line

Cant he just take the bushing out of the top, insert it thru the bottom, then run the same drag link attached under vs on top of the knuckle, as it was originally? Reversing the bushing restores the taper in the right direction.....and the drag link end should still be fine for clearance, right?

Top Bottom