35s on the cheap!?!?!?

Matymaty

How do I do this? I have a 2013 Moab JKU and would love to put 35s on it. I am over whelmed by all the posts about budget boosts, springs, pucks, etc. Just looking for someone to say, just do this and get this one.

If I have to change the suspension then I would like to keep things as close to a stock ride as possible. My wife has a 2011 Rubicon and I do like the ride on it.

Thanks in advance for the help. 👍 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1415739334.735037.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How do I do this? I have a 2013 Moab JKU and would love to put 35s on it. I am over whelmed by all the posts about budget boosts, springs, pucks, etc. Just looking for someone to say, just do this and get this one.

If I have to change the suspension then I would like to keep things as close to a stock ride as possible. My wife has a 2011 Rubicon and I do like the ride on it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

so there are 3 routes i would go if i were you.

1. if you like the way your jeep rides now i would get a 2.5" budget boost with shock extensions (like the teraflex one or one that is cheaper as they are all the same). it uses your factory springs and shocks and fits 35's perfectly. if you like your stock wheels then you will need 1.5" wheel spacers to fit the 35's as well.

2. for a smoother ride than stock i would do the 3" evo enforcer kit. this is a decent amount more than said budget boost ^ but you will have a smoother ride and it comes with everything you need. also as mentioned above you will need wheel spacers if you want to keep your stock wheels.

3. if your REALLY on a budget then you can fit 35's with just a leveling kit and trimmed factory fenders (see strizzychris's build thread for what it looks like). this will keep your factory ride and allow you to run 35's really cheaply. once again you will need wheel spacers to run factory wheels.

TheStick

A budget boost (and pucks, same thing) are just round pieces of rubber that sit on top of your springs. A 2.5" budget boost is all you would need to run 35's, or you can go even less lift (1.5"-2") and cut the factory flares. A BB will keep the ride pretty close to stock, but a good spring lift can as well, and may provide a ride you even enjoy more than stock.

It really depends on your budget and how you want to use your Jeep to figure out the best setup to go with.

Hobolobo

FWIW, I have a '14 rubi with a rough country series II budget boost (2.5"), and it rides just as good as stock. It does come with the rear trackbar relocation bracket and shock extensions. Good kit for a good price if you're on a budget.

BadApple

I ran 35s with the rubi springs on my 2 door and had plenty of lift to run them you could probably get away with the same as long as you dont mind trimming the fenders

BadApple

Heres pics of the ride height with the rubi springs and a flex shot!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415744542301.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415744542301.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 365
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415744550438.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415744550438.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 364

Speeddmn

Thanks in advance for the help.
View attachment 110401

As mentioned, trim fenders and a budget boost will clear 35's.

What is your budget and what is your end goal? These will dictate what you should and or can afford. If you want to hit some light trails, rocks once in awhile, or mud will also make tire decision easier, or harder.

The 3" EVO enforcer kit will be more then enough for the average wheeler. Dont forget once you go up in height some thing will be needed also. A new front drive shaft would be needed at that height so you dont tear the boot, or an exhaust spacer. Also factor in the 3.6L can propel 35's easier then the older 3.8L. So in the end if you want the same power level as factory new gears and a pro cal or something similar to recal the speedo/trans shift points.

In the end to run 35's in a more correct fashion I would guess a budget of 5g's can get it all done with new stuff. If you shop around and buy a few used items and do work yourself I'd guess 3g's can get it done.

noroad

here is one of our jeeps on 35s with 1.75 coil spacers(80$ from crown)! o steve coilovers are gona be here monday :bleh:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404941634.126982.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404941634.126982.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 343
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404941600.841225.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1404941600.841225.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 339
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406207670.500173.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1406207670.500173.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 343
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411310611.534198.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1411310611.534198.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 340

RockyJk

A good budget boost that I plan on running till i can get coilovers is the rancho 2" sport kit $400 with the 9000 shocks not a bad price I think maybe something worth looking into

It says for 33's but I'm sure with trimmed/flat fenders 35's would clear easily

lepags21

Budget boosts look perfect with 33s. If you don't plan on regearing soon, I don't see why you would want an ungeared jeep with 35s.

AlexwBlkJK

We have a lot of people in our club running 35's with no lift, flat or cut fenders with either spacers on the stock wheels or aftermarket wheels with a 4.5" backspace and trim your pinch seam.... If your not going off road a whole lot you wont rub anything, consider at most a budget boost (IMO the pucks will eventually give out so go with new springs if you do a boost)

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Budget boosts look perfect with 33s. If you don't plan on regearing soon, I don't see why you would want an ungeared jeep with 35s.

I ran that way for years with no issues other than the occasional downshift on a hill. I had a manual so it wasn't too bad. It's not ideal, but totally usable.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jtmw

I ran that way for years with no issues other than the occasional downshift on a hill. I had a manual so it wasn't too bad. It's not ideal, but totally usable.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Im running 3.21's on 35's for a few more weeks. Just drove an hour down the interstate today not terrible, and the city is fine.
Also +1 for chopping fenders and just using the wonderful working suspension you have now.

pedroj14

Thanks in advance for the help.  View attachment 110401

I am currently running a leveling kit with brake line extensions. I've run this setup for 36,000 miles and it works fine. There are some things to consider about this option: (1) Ride is not as confortable as stock, (2) if you wheel your jeep, you may rip off you fenders and fender flares with your 35s and (3) your shocks will not last too long. Other than that, it is a good option and a lot of people start with a similar setup and upgrade as money is available.

Matymaty

So I got the Rancho 2 inch lift with 9k shocks. With rebate will be just under 400 bucks.

Spent some bucks on the wheels and tires though. About 3400 bucks. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1434762922.087575.jpg

Top Bottom