Wave from Western Maryland

rosst192

What's up guys, names Ross. I bought a 2010 Wrangler Mountain edition about 2 months ago. Always wanted a jeep and after having to move from south carolina back up to maryland I decided to sell my pride and joy WRX and buy a jeep. I sure miss my subie but I love my jk.

Bought it with most of the mods already done. Has a rugged ridge front bumper, smittybilt x2o 8000 winch, crown tech rear bumper, 4" rough country lift, afe intake and a MagnaFlow exhaust. Running 35's currently but looking to go 37's in the next month or so.

Glad to be part of the jeep community now.

Welcome to the WAYALIFE

Be sure to look at you axles before pulling the trigger on the 37's. You would need to re-gear for the 37's and if you have a Dana 30 up front your weakest link will be the ring and pinion.

rosst192

Welcome to the WAYALIFE

Be sure to look at you axles before pulling the trigger on the 37's. You would need to re-gear for the 37's and if you have a Dana 30 up front your weakest link will be the ring and pinion.
I've been meaning to ask about that on here actually. Still new to everything, where should I look to see what my gearing is?

rosst192

Welcome to Wayalife! post up pics of your rig when you get a chance
I don't have many pictures, but here are a couple.

2ad83d3293f27927a091386c7c5625e2.jpg

6e1e1de73b5a0f60e19a926924cdc50e.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I've been meaning to ask about that on here actually. Still new to everything, where should I look to see what my gearing is?

you can get a build sheet from jeep for free with your vin number and it will telly ou what it has fromt he factory. or what you can do is jack the rear of the jeep up and rotate the tire one full roation. while doing that watch your driveshaft and see how many rotations it is doing. if its just under 4 you have 3.73 gears (which is what i bet you have), just over 4 is 4.10 gears.

also a lot of questions you may have can be answered here :yup:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...stions-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-JK-Wrangler

star4862

Great looking jeep! I live In Western, MD as well so I'll have to keep a lookout for your jeep!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

rosst192

you can get a build sheet from jeep for free with your vin number and it will telly ou what it has fromt he factory. or what you can do is jack the rear of the jeep up and rotate the tire one full roation. while doing that watch your driveshaft and see how many rotations it is doing. if its just under 4 you have 3.73 gears (which is what i bet you have), just over 4 is 4.10 gears.

also a lot of questions you may have can be answered here :yup:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...stions-Every-Newbie-has-about-the-JK-Wrangler
Thanks man! Those gearing charts are pretty awesome. And yeah I'm almost positive mine had the 3.73's.

rosst192

Great looking jeep! I live In Western, MD as well so I'll have to keep a lookout for your jeep!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Appreciate it man, I'm out in deep creek lake. I commute daily from oakland to accident maryland.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Welcome, lived in Forest Hill for a while then moved about 20 min north just across the Pa state line.

Top Bottom