aftermarket track bar

BumpStick

Right now I just have my stock track bars and 1.75" coil spacers. But I'm going to be moving up to some 3.5" springs that were given to me... I already have extended brake lines, new shocks, and sway bar end links.

My question is should I get track bar relocation brackets or adjustable track bars. Also what are the strengths and weaknesses you have found with different brands (since looking at them they all do not look like they are built the same).

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
a drag link flip kit like what evo has is what you will want. it will keep your trackbar and drag link in line with each other so you will have better handling when heading to the trails.

Coz beat me to this. For the amount you would pay for an aftermarket sway bar you can get the EVO Drag Link Flip, which you will need going to 3.5 inches of lift.

BumpStick

I know the drag link flip kit will restore my handling. But what about re-centering the axles under the jeep?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I know the drag link flip kit will restore my handling. But what about re-centering the axles under the jeep?

it will help with that as well. the one downside, reguardless of the adjustable trackbar or not, is that we have solid axles so the moment you put weight or remove weight from your jeep your axles will be off center again.

jeeeep

Hooked
Right now I just have my stock track bars and 1.75" coil spacers. But I'm going to be moving up to some 3.5" springs that were given to me... I already have extended brake lines, new shocks, and sway bar end links.

My question is should I get track bar relocation brackets or adjustable track bars. Also what are the strengths and weaknesses you have found with different brands (since looking at them they all do not look like they are built the same).

I have 3.5" lift and a drag link flip is not required, it helps but if you set everything up right you can run the stock just fine.
while true the axle will shift when it's under load, for myself I like to see/know the axles centered during daily driving so it was worth the investment for front/rear adjustable track bars (or rear track bar relocation bracket). drives my OCD crazy when I see a jeep with the axles shifted off to one side.

I've had my setup since 2010 and it tracks just fine, I drive faster than I should and wheel it without any issues.

you will likely need a new front DS and possibly the exhaust loop depending on what year Jeep you have.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, just get an EVO drag link flip/track bar relocation bracket. Your factory track bar will be fine and I still run one on both my built up Jeeps.

BumpStick

I have the magnaflow y-pipe (loop delete and spacing fur drive shaft)... I know I will need a new drive shaft sooner than later but I'm going to have a local race driveline shop build me one.

My jeep is a 2012

As mentioned, just get an EVO drag link flip/track bar relocation bracket. Your factory track bar will be fine and I still run one on both my built up Jeeps.

So, in support of Eddie's comment, I had the EVO drag link flip kit. Worked very well. The drag link itself is flipped to the top of the steering knuckle...but the kit also comes with a bolt on front track bar relocation bracket which bolts to the axle side. It raises the axle mounted end of the track bar. I bought into the hype, thinking that I needed an adjustable front track bar to reposition the axle. Wasnt until just recently, that I took a stock trackbar, measured it, then measured the length of the adjustable track bar I had been using. The measurements are exact. I have a 3.5 inch lift. Could have saved that money for something else....

I now have a PR44 with the weld on Synergy bracket, but the length of my trackbar hasnt changed, and my axle is still perfectly centered.

Good luck with your build.

Top Bottom